Sprite Font Generator - v3

From the Asset Store
Minimal Sprite Font with Stroke for Pixel Art games.
  • I just show what the OS tells me. We have seen one case of a poorly written font, so it could be the same issue. If you go back in the thread there's a tool mentioned that helped in that case.

• I have been trying to use your loop to modify the witdh of this set of characters "Ii.,;:!'|`"

I believe I have to do something with [5], but I don't know how to continue from here.

Could you point me out to the right direction?

Thanks in advance

ike2902

• ikke2902

Just change the data. You can see the list of sizes in the JSON string. Just change the 5 to your new value.

• Thanks for the help!

Though, I have one more question, how can I modify the [space] witdh?

• If you've copied my sample code, which it looks like you did, the second action of event 1 sets the space width.

• Thank you very much!

All problems solved

ikke2902

• I really appreciate this program - it's awesome. However, the problem I encountered on page 16 is still present. For some reason the exported text file character set and, consequently, the json are incorrect - yet the characters in the window in the prog are correct and reflect what is in the png....

• Colludium

So, you're having a couple special chars that are displaying in GYFM, but aren't being exported to the font-sheet or listed in the JSON? If so, have you tried exporting them separately?

• It's working for me. Are you sure you are at 2.4, and looking at the correct output directory? Maybe see if there is anything helpful in the log file, that is in the same directory as the EXE.

Your PNG attachment seems to be gone (from page 16), so you could try reattaching the samples.

• blackhornet & TiAm,

I can confirm that I'm using v 2.4... Here is the character set that is contained within the GYFM window and which is drives the characters in the png image (the png contains these characters as well):

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789.,;:?!-_~#"'&()[]|`\/@°+=*$£€<>%

Here's a screen shot to confirm it:

[attachment=1:1fp0wzj1][/attachment:1fp0wzj1]

And here's a screen shot of the text tile. As you can see, the character set there is:

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789.,;:?!-_~#"'&()[]|`\/@°+=*$£€<>%

[attachment=0:1fp0wzj1][/attachment:1fp0wzj1]

So... it contains some foreign characters and omits some others (like the Euro symbol). I have no idea why this should be this way - I have just reformatted my computer and it's running W8.1 with a US keyboard and English UK language selected....

Thanks for helping with this. To be honest, I can probably work around this by not using some of these characters. It just seems odd that there is a disconnect between the input string, the png and the output text object.

• Anything in the log file? Can you skip the alphabet & numbers and just try the "other" characters? It doesn't make sense that the characters are shifting around.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Where can I find a complete character list (with german, french, spanish etc... characters) ?

à, â, Ææ, ç,Ê, Í, Ó, Õ, Ô, Ú Ç....

• blackhornet,

Here's the top few lines of the persist.xml obj.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <PersistableFontDetails xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
      <Letterset>ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789.,;:?!-_~#"'&()[]|`\/@°+=*$£€<>%</Letterset>
      <AdjustHeight>0</AdjustHeight>
      <AdjustWidth>0</AdjustWidth>
      <SampleText>The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.</SampleText>[/code:1jhc8qmy]

And here are the last few lines from the GYFM2.txt object:

[code:1jhc8qmy]UpdateWindow-IN
    Void buttonFont(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs),Void UpdateWindow(),DrawToBitmap(Arial,Regular,14,<~>,~,500,1000,0,0,0)
    UpdateWindow-OUT
    Void InvokeHandlersImpl(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs, Boolean),Void OnSaveFile(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs),DrawToBitmap(Arial,Regular,14,<~>,~,0,0,0,0,0)
    Void InvokeHandlersImpl(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs, Boolean),Void OnSaveFile(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs),DrawToBitmap(Arial,Regular,14,<~>,~,0,0,0,0,0)[/code:1jhc8qmy]

Here's the png from the previous post, just for completeness...

[attachment=0:1jhc8qmy][/attachment:1jhc8qmy]
  • Just try € by itself.

• Good idea!

Character set in the text output:

€[/code:3ag0e656]

Here's from the output xml:

[code:3ag0e656]<Letterset>€</Letterset>[/code:3ag0e656]

3 for the price of 1....
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)