Sprite Font Generator - v3

From the Asset Store
Minimal Sprite Font with Stroke for Pixel Art games.
  • Hi, i tried and works almost everything... But when i try to use the Spriteimporter array, taht fails. My text become a serie of lines...

• Did you set the 'Character width & height' on the Properties panel? That still needs to be done manually.

• blackhornet: I don't know if this is a bug or need to take notice of. Anyways, here is what I found.

If in the text field, where we fill characters to be converted, if a character get repeated, in generated sprite font, repeated character(s) are not counted, but the text file which is produced along with this (which have info about the sprite font), the character set still shows the text which we entered (having repeated characters), This character set text is required in Constuct2,

I am making a game with localization options, and I have inserted all the words (characters) in the software to make one single sprite font, but I can't copy paste the character set from the info file. Since there are many characters, i cant make sure to have no repeated characters, and there are some characters which i can't read (like chinese).

If I am missing something, please help me, otherwise please fix this.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I won't be able to look into this until next week i'm afraid.

• Thank you so much for this very helpful tool.

Does anyone here know how to go about if I only want the users to be able to input capital letters even though they're pressing non-capital letters on their keyboard?

• Cool,is realy good

• Thank you sir blackhornet!! You made life so beautiful!!

• blackhornet

First, thanks for this amazing tool! I've been having some problems though...

• On version 2, is there a way to turn off anti-aliasing? Everytime I try to use pixel fonts it forces the anti-alias.
    • On version 1 I don't have the anti-aliasing problem, but some fonts insist on being bold when I pick them.

Hopefully you can help me out. Thanks!

• This has come up before:

I've had another look, and I've come to the same conclusion. I can't control the aliasing mode - MS just doesn't provide the control. There's nothing wrong with v1.x. I just couldn't provide the outline support in the older framework. It still works fine when absolute control over aliasing is required.

As for the Bold issue, again, the font dialog is a MS dialog that I have no control over. I tried the same font, and it insists on reporting Bold. There's not much I can do about this I'm afraid.

• Raganork

Duplicate character issue fixed.

• This has come up before:

>

> I've had another look, and I've come to the same conclusion. I can't control the aliasing mode - MS just doesn't provide the control. There's nothing wrong with v1.x. I just couldn't provide the outline support in the older framework. It still works fine when absolute control over aliasing is required.

>

As for the Bold issue, again, the font dialog is a MS dialog that I have no control over. I tried the same font, and it insists on reporting Bold. There's not much I can do about this I'm afraid.

That's too bad... I'll find another font then. Still, thanks for this tool!

• Took me a while but I found a way to do it - using this program http://www.cr8software.net/typelight.html I was able to open the .ttf font by going to Font -> Metrics -> Advanced and clicking the "Calculate automatically". Then I just saved and reinstalled the font. Now the "regular" options shows up and works perfectly on the SpriteFont Generator.

• Awesome. This is exactly what I've been looking for. Thank you so much!!!

• I just can't imagine my game without this tool!

• ... I could see it is not supporting some fonts, when I browsed though it, what is the reason for this.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)