CrowdGaming - your smartphone is your controller

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Small pixel icons for the 3 most popular controller types.
  • justifun ximo Amadeus russpuppy rocky53204 nonom oldandgrey socialpilgrim miketolsa stefanos

Has anyone had a chance to try out the 4.4.1 release? rocky53204 had problems getting past the "Connecting" screen when starting it up, but I cannot re-create that problem. Is anyone else experiencing any problems?

• - working fine for me after i double checking that i updated all of the files.

rocky53204 - did you make sure to change the crowdgaming properties to your machines local IP address? that's usually why i get stuck on the connecting screen

• No afraid not, just back from hols and trying to catch up on a zillion different fronts lol

• I just found a bug in the "Send heartbeat", "On Heartbeat" part of the crowdgaming plugin. I'll upload a new version, 5.1 this version will also include a new feature called "Storage property". This is like a global storage that is "Shared" between all connections. If one connection or the main game change a storage property it will be pushed out to all the other connections.

There are three parts to the "Storage property" feature:

The Action: "Set storage property",

The Expression: CrowdGaming.GetStorageProperty("CurrentMission")

The Event On storage property changed

• I'm doing a 1.5h talk at a conference next week about CrowdGaming, construct2 and nodejs. So I figured I'd go back to the roots of gaming and implemented a MassiveCrowdGaming (MCG) version of Pong! Hopefully there will be enough people in the crowd with a mobile phone ready so that we have a huge pong battle going, simple but fun

• Very cool ! that will be awesome.

Will it just assign the even's to one side, and the odd's to another?

• justifun Thanks!

When a new player joins it compares the number of players in the teams to decide which team the new player should join.

I'll make sure I'll upload the capx here after the conference.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • This proyect its awesome!!! I love your work

I hope the conference a big success

• If the host were a unity3d game and it was connected to a web socket server with a web socket plugin, and the controller were a C2 project using the crowd gaming plugin, what would be the best approach from the unity end.

function message (action1)

{

}

or something like that?

Thx for any help.

• Woah! This is awesome! Can't wait to play around with it. Any idea on how much it will cost?

• madpoet Yes it wouldn't be a problem to create a unity3d host. A unity3d plugin script would have to send the same "keywords" as the Construct2 plugin, and listen for the same "keywords" as the plugin does. But the implementation would pretty much the same as in the Construct 2 CrowdGaming-plugin. Using a mix between Construct2 Controllers and Unity for main game should work just fine.

ErvinGamez Thank you! let me flick that question right back at you, what would you consider a fair and "payable" price?

• BTW, The conference was a big success. It could have been more simultaneous players I think 12 was the most I had playing together, but given the smiles and engagement of the players I couldn't be happier with how it went.

I brought an old netgear wifi router, and asked people to connect to a network I called CrowdGaming, and then asked them to access the ip-adress of the game. I was running everything off the Construct 2 preview mode, since I wanted to be able to show the code and do some fixes during the presentation. The pong game it self was just a quick two hour hack.

• madpoet Yes it wouldn't be a problem to create a unity3d host. A unity3d plugin script would have to send the same "keywords" as the Construct2 plugin, and listen for the same "keywords" as the plugin does. But the implementation would pretty much the same as in the Construct 2 CrowdGaming-plugin. Using a mix between Construct2 Controllers and Unity for main game should work just fine.

ErvinGamez Thank you! let me flick that question right back at you, what would you consider a fair and "payable" price?

Haha, I wouldn't know, I'm not very good with money

I'd say 5 dollars or more. You should make a poll for it

• Hey mate, this looks like a good concept (was thinking about it lately). But I do have a question, In your youtube video you show yourself launching servers etc... Let's say I want my players to do like this :

Someone launch the game on a computer (nothing else needed) , he has a x360 controller,

His friend has my game application on his phone and then, thanks to the wifi, can connect to the main game as a controller. (he joins the wifi, and launch the application as simple as that)

I know that's what you want to do ultimatly but is that possible right now ?

I would pay around 10 usd for that EZ.

Am making a wii u party game, this would be a lot for me to have this quick of stuff to port it to pc.

• Very Nice I like what you have here perhaps can be used to make games like "you don't know Jack" or "fibbage"

https://youtu.be/3sXdZPiNTbY

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)