CocoonJS 1.4 update

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Fantasy Game includes more than 600 sound effects inspired by hit computer games like World of Warcraft and Diablo.
  • I guess everyone needs to keep calm, report bugs and everything is going to be OK.

• Eisenhans you talk about calm, have you seen your avatar? Totally Wired!

• Have you guys tried to strip the new spritefont out of your projects?

I tested several of my projects (no non-stock plugins, no new spritefont, exported from r136) and so far they all work.

czar That's how I actually look, just with a bald dome and black instead of red :|

• I am in the process of removing sprite font at the moment. It will take a few days. 30+ layouts and many using sprite font in complicated ways.

• Have you guys tried to strip the new spritefont out of your projects?

I tested several of my projects (no non-stock plugins, no new spritefont, exported from r136) and so far they all work.

czar That's how I actually look, just with a bald dome and black instead of red :|

Thanks for the heads up Eisenhans, I'm going to try this out tomorrow.

I have no problems with the old spritefont never have had any, welll sometimes the text turns transparent.

My biggest issues are that the new cocoonjs seems to be loading content and then forgetting the loaded content and then loading the content again. This causes annoying lag everytime something happens. I would prefer the old physics because my old exported projects are using the old physics engine and they all work perfectly. This new native box2D physics is breaking my project and making it fuction differently compared to what I see in Construct2 on PC. It will be impossible for me to make it work properly and now it's smooth and slow missing all the collisions(I would like to add option to use the web based box2D also when exporting). Also full screen advertisement causes music to play twice making it sound horrible horrible.

Some of these things are of course Construct2's fault like the physics change. I would like to control when to load stuff in my game to avoid lagginess and please let me use the old functional physics.

• Well I have yet to test V 1.4

Hearing all the errors and bug reports is worrying . . .

And we're on the verge of releasing our new version on the App Store.

Does anyone know how the new Layout by Layout loading is working?

Is there improved FPS ?

• Two things on my side. Tiled backgrounds leave a pixel long line between the tiles and custom fonts are not working anymore. I had a normal ttf font in my project to style some labels and now it doesn't work anymore. Worked great in 1.3 :/

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If I disable webGL in Construct it fixes the tileable backgrounds but not the font issue.

• Well for me I saw a good increase in performance (FPS). Instead of dropping sometimes to 15-20 (unplayable), it is now run a smooth 40 FPS on my S galaxy :)

Physics are still not working for me. And I noticed each layout take 3 seconds to load (instead of 1 with cocoonjs 1.3)

• I've emailed the support team, they responded with the following:

"Thank you for the info! All the team is working against the clock to have a hotfix with the issues reported by Construct users."

• I opened Google chrome's developer tools and noticed error warning message: Viewport target-densitydpi is not supported. :50000/:11

Using WebGL renderer preview_prelude.js:39

Shader '<default>' log: (empty) preview_prelude.js:39

Shader '<point>' log: (empty) preview_prelude.js:39

Max texture size: 8192 preview_prelude.js:39

WebGL Extensions: OES_texture_float,OES_standard_derivatives,WEBKIT_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic,OES_vertex_array_object,OES_element_index_uint,WEBGL_lose_context,WEBKIT_WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc,WEBKIT_WEBGL_depth_texture preview_prelude.js:39

Point size range: 1 to 256

I tried with an empty project and it's still there. Does anyone else see this? I was thinking if it's related to CocoonJS's problems...

• Hi Guys, I've been trawling through the forums and google for an up to date bug list so I can avoid some of the things that don't currently work with CJS. Is there a definitive list somewhere?

So far, from what I gather these are some of the following defects:

• No jQuery objects (i.e. text boxes, buttons, list boxes, etc)
    • Spritefont
    • Loader Layouts (?)
    • Some sound issues (seem to be slightly varying reports on this one)

It doesn't seem straight forward at all porting games to CJS currently. With one game I'm working with, I'm methodically removing things until the game works.

• Hi to all,

i'm testing my little demo on both CocoonJS 1.4 and the default iOS 6.1.3 Safari using the lan Preview (on my ipad4).

I have a strange effect..

The game on the Safari is much much faster and smooth than the one compiled with CocoonJS 1.4!!???

I have very very low framerate!

Why this happens? Should not usually be the opposite?

I have WebGl enable in my project.

Can be that i put "yes" on "Use iOS retina display"?

Please have any advices about?

Thanks

• Hi to all,

i'm testing my little demo on both CocoonJS 1.4 and the default iOS 6.1.3 Safari using the lan Preview (on my ipad4).

I have a strange effect..

The game on the Safari is much much faster and smooth than the one compiled with CocoonJS 1.4!!???

I have very very low framerate!

Why this happens? Should not usually be the opposite?

I have WebGl enable in my project.

Can be that i put "yes" on "Use iOS retina display"?

Please have any advices about?

Thanks

hi, cocoonjs 1.4 on ios hasn?t been authorized by apple yet, so you should check later

I wish ludei would respond about my question about using a testflight link for us, so we could test before the app hits the store

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)