[Plugin] - Spine plugin

1 favourites
From the Asset Store
professionally animated character with Spine Pro !
  • Anyone have any creative ideas on how we can handle collision for now?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You can pin the spine object to a invisible box representing your players size and shape. Then test for collosions on that.

• justifun Okay, but what about if you have a Melee Weapon? I'll need to be able to see if a Sword makes contact with an invisible box. But the location of the sword can't be retrieved by construct 2 events.

• Badmiracle - Until flyovergames adds support for bounding boxes, there are a few other ways you can do it.

the easiest solution for now would be to simply do a wait x seconds based on how long the attack is. So if the attack point is 0.5 seconds into the animation

then it would look like

on key pressed "A" -> play animation "attack"

-wait 0.5 seconds

-deal damage

• If you wanted to swap out individual pieces on the Avatar, to mix and match, you would probably want to create a single template skin in the Spine project to define the template attachments, then use some kind of map to convert the template attachment name to the avatar attachment name. This could be done as part of the rendering for each attachment.

I'm not sure how to do this. I'm currently working on adding multiple configurations to my character -players will select their weapon, head, armor etc. and doing this with Skins means only 1 change can be active at a time. What was flyover describing above? Anyone know how to make this work - short of having the character made up of several different spine objects and jsons and then using skins for each? - Is there a better way?

• Is it possible to blend between animations? For example? if i have a running cycle and a walking cycle? can you blend between these?

• Not Yet Unfortunately

• justifun

Is Set Time not working properly? It freezes animation for me. Or is my understanding of it flawed? I was under the impression Set Time (0) would play it from the beginning.

• Ill give it a shot later to try it out with the latest version.

• justifun

I redownloaded myself.

Seems to be working fine now.

No worries. Dumb user error, apparently.

I'm going to have to donate to Flyover for all my bullshit.

Edit; Aaaaaand donated.

• I'm not sure how to do this. I'm currently working on adding multiple configurations to my character -players will select their weapon, head, armor etc. and doing this with Skins means only 1 change can be active at a time. What was flyover describing above? Anyone know how to make this work - short of having the character made up of several different spine objects and jsons and then using skins for each? - Is there a better way?

I'm sure Flyover's way is better but that's how I chose to do it myself as I am not the most technically proficient user.

If you choose to do it my way, just keep re exporting with only one visible attachment (grouped however you have it set up, of course).

Make sure you apply a bounding box to the singular attachment or scaling will be wonky.

Use Set Time (0) with every state change (Attack, Jumping, Etc) to make sure that the animations don't desync from one another over time.

You may know all this better than me, just giving you insight into the issues I had with an avatar system.

• can you help me that when i destroy the spine obj ,it logs a warming...

e.g.

on start of layout--spine destroy

then,

log " JS error! can not read property 'load' of null"

please help me ,thanks!

• totoyan - it seems like the plugin doesnt like being fired off before anything else. so try using system wait(0.1) seconds before destroying it.

• i installed the plugin as you told and everything runs fine except the FFD of the spine objects. I dont know if a i forget something.

Please help me im going mad.

sorry for my english

• Can a Spriter project/animation be used with or converted to Spine?

I have some animation for my game made in Spriter, but Spriter C2 plugin has some bugs and the creator is not really responding to my PM so I feel like I always have to be at the mercy of others , so I decided to move away from Spriter and give Spine a try.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)