[Plugin] tag text

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Animated Text
$3.99 USD
With AnimatedText behavior you can make an impression of the text being “typed live”.
  • WOW!! Works at full speed now. Brilliant! Many thanks!

One small tiny little wish I have though The scaling of the text seems absolute and doesn't scale. E.g. setting the window to 1024, 768 it looks fine on the Desktop, but on the iPad it's much too small. Setting the different scale modes doesn't change anything. Got any ideas why?

• Smolli

part12studios

Update

Now this tagtext plugin could run at cocoonJS.

I have come to a head.

Where the tag is set within the text at the click event.

for example

"Hi, how [teg] case [teg]"

Click the word does not work event and click where the words of the case, the action is triggered.

naprmer

"Sell [teg] (+7 sword) [teg]"

Click sword and shows information subject

If this is possible and that does in the standard and many systems nearly 50 events and actions of many

• GodSpear could you explain a little more? i'm not sure i totally get what you're situation is. From what I can gauge, you mean something like this:

you click a word and that pops up a text bubble and text field and that text being displayed on the fly is not showing any formatting?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • GodSpear could you explain a little more? i'm not sure i totally get what you're situation is. From what I can gauge, you mean something like this:

you click a word and that pops up a text bubble and text field and that text being displayed on the fly is not showing any formatting?

ell, in many online games when a player linkanul thing chatting.

And the rest gego sees object name and its color nazhimaesh Appears Malenko window characteristic of the subject.

Just do not know how to check when clicking on text and display

• GodSpear

Uh, sorry. This plugin only could show text with multi-style(coler, font face, size), it could not response click for each world.

• yea that's what it sounds like he's looking for. if i understand you right, it sounds like you want to have a kind of popup like you see with items found in world of warcraft armory and other websites.. it would seem that you could make kind of effect (although not a word specific as you might like) by having the name of the item be a text object.. then a mouse over occurs, create another container object perhaps that holds a background graphic and the information needed.

• rexrainbow

Any idea about the resolution thing? Not usable on a mobile without scaling unfortunately.

• Smolli

I need some days to try it. Sorry.

• rexrainbow hi Rex, thanks first of all again for making this plugin. However I have a bug to report with it and it would mean a lot to me if you might know of some fix to this. here is my situation:

I am using Ejecta http://epicspace.net/insurgence/ejecta/ and this seems to work very well for making porting games.

Here is a full tutorial https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/907/de ... e-easy-way

What basically happens is when i hit a scene that has the tag text plugin in it, the app locks up. XCode sees the error and has some feedback about it.. i'm not a proper coder and not used to xcode, but this is what it says when the error occurs.

xcode says:

"Ejecta[791:60b] TypeError: 'undefined' is not a constructor (evaluating 'new window["canvas_text"]()') at line 19235 in c2runtime.js"

this is through the emulator, but i have tested on hardware and the lockup occurs there exactly the same.

I would keep getting this lockup and i tried a LOT of stuff to fix this. Then for the heck of it, i simply deleted this object and the app no longer locked up (although it was missing some text since the object was gone)

If you could check this out and find a solution I'd be greatful. If I did something wrong of course I'll be happy to fix, but it seems like it works fine on browser, it's maybe just some syntax thing that the ejecta/xcode environment are looking for that isn't there.

Thanks!

Caleb

• part12studios

You might try the latest update, it should be fixed.

• Hi rexrainbow,

First off, great plugin!

Is it possible to make the plug-in to support <style="direction:rtl;"> ?

Thanks in advance.

• ses

Do you mean that reverse the order of text?

• rexrainbow thanks for the upgrade suggestion, apparently my plugin was the old one so that fixed the iOS crashing issue.

Thanks!

Caleb

• however i have seen now that it seems that while it does no longer crash, it also doesn't seem to work in iOS. Is that normal? Is there any chance this could work?

Sincerely,

Caleb

• part12studios it does work in iOS imho, at least under cocoonJS in my Ipad through the cocoonJS-App. The sizing is wrong unfortunately.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)