[Plugin] SpriteFont+

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Forget about default textbox restrictions, you can create sprites atop of the textbox
  • Thanks for your work thechriskent

Do you think it's technically possible to add "Load image from URL" to your plugin SpriteFont+ ?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks for your work thechriskent

Do you think it's technically possible to add "Load image from URL" to your plugin SpriteFont+ ?

If you look at a user's profile, it lets you know the last time they visited.

Unfortunately the creator of this plugin hasn't been on here for over 2 years, so is unlikely to respond to your request.

• Hi thechriskent!

Thanks for this one, it makes life much more comfortable!

Just one thing. Could you please remove the

console.log(this.charWidthJSON);[/code:dovp9tdh] from the [i]instanceProto.onCreate[/i] function? It really slows down object creation. I have leaderboards with thousands of entries and this one log slows it down by several seconds.

I can remove it myself for my own needs, but it would be good to have it clean in the official version. I presume it's just a remaining of your testings?

Cheers

I also just removed this line of code.

I guess you can upload it here so others can use it as well

Regards

Andy

• > Hi thechriskent!

>

> Thanks for this one, it makes life much more comfortable!

>

> Just one thing. Could you please remove the

console.log(this.charWidthJSON);[/code:3d1xypx3] from the [i]instanceProto.onCreate[/i] function? It really slows down object creation. I have leaderboards with thousands of entries and this one log slows it down by several seconds.
    > 
    > I can remove it myself for my own needs, but it would be good to have it clean in the official version. I presume it's just a remaining of your testings?
    > 
    > Cheers
    > 

I also just removed this line of code.
    I guess you can upload it here so others can use it as well 

Regards
    Andy

Hey, where to remove it?

• megatronx

I've reposted cleaned version here

• I can't instal this plugin, why?

• I can't instal this plugin, why?

shof76

How are we to know? You have provided no information on why you can't install.

What messages are you getting?

How are you installing?

• Try using this plugin with C2's official "set color" effect, it makes the editor weird when you try to zoom in and out (kind of 3d effect comes into editor)... any one experienced this and found a fix to this?

• Is anyone able to port this addon to C3?

Yes, I know, the new C3 sprite font object allows for JSON formatting. The point is that I used this plugin quite extensively in C2 and now I am unable to import my C2 project in C3.

Having worked on a project for about 3 years now, this situation is quite horrific. Hope anyone can help!

• It's unlikely anyone will bother with this one, as it was always a hack, and probably impossible to port to the C3-engine. Here's a tutorial to allow you to switch over to the official one.

construct.net/en/tutorials/migrating-spritefont-1305

• It's unlikely anyone will bother with this one, as it was always a hack, and probably impossible to port to the C3-engine. Here's a tutorial to allow you to switch over to the official one.

https://www.construct.net/en/tutorials/migrating-spritefont-1305

Works perfectly, thanks a lot!

By the way, you really provide good service to the Construct community. I think Scirra should reward that somehow.

• I also had to migrate a big C2 project to C3, and because I used an old version of SpriteFont Generator, I didn't have spacing data in new format. So I created this small conversion tool, maybe it will be useful for someone else:

dropbox.com/s/d5y7v7wskkabuxq/SpriteFont_convert_spacingdata.capx

It converts from this:

{""c2array"":true,""size"":[2,13,1],""data"":[[[24],[34],[41],[43],[51],[52],[53],[54],[55],[57],[58],[64],[66]],[["".,""],[""-""],[""1""],[""+""],[""2""],[""7""],[""3""],[""5""],[""49""],[""8""],[""6""],[""0""],[""x""]]]}

to this:

[[24,".,"],[34,"-"],[41,"1"],[43,"+"],[51,"2"],[52,"7"],[53,"3"],[54,"5"],[55,"49"],[57,"8"],[58,"6"],[64,"0"],[66,"x"]]

• dop2000 so did you go into your C2 project and make a spritefont object to replace each spritefont+?

I have a mobile game that I completed in C2, it has about 20 spritefont+ objects that are animated/fade/effects that I haven't even touched it, but I would like to port it someday... sort of dreading the spritefont work though...

• jobel No, replacing each object manually would be an enormous task.

I edited .caproj file as described in this tutorial. Make sure you have "SpriteFont2" plugin listed in <used-plugin> section of the file (this is the native spritefont plugin from Scirra).

Then all you have to do is open the project in C3, right-click each spritefont object, click "Select all in project" and add spacing data on the left panel.

• dop2000 excellent! thank you for this, that will be a huge time saver!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)