[Plugin] SpriteFont+

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Forget about default textbox restrictions, you can create sprites atop of the textbox
  • Wahoo! Thank you so much for sharing this! Blackhornet and you should get access to the C2 Hall of fame for this contribution

• thechriskent

Thank you for this awesome plugin!

Just one question, is there a way to turn off the loging of the char width JSON?

• HelmetPIg

Did you solved your problem? Same question

• Thanks a lot 4 this awesome plugin!

The only thing happend with me is that C2 crashed, when I was trying to edit [Char width JSON] property.. It said that it can't get the 'length property of undefined' (as far as I remember I failed a 'paste' operation of JSON-array of new font created via GYFM2, and the new c2array had inserted into the previous one, not instead of it). After that C2 closed and I lost all my new editings. May be it is a good idea to add some sort of 'if' checking in the body of plugin to exclude this situation..

• Hey thechriskent,

Great plugin.

There is no way to remove jquery dependence? There is any other alternative to parse json? Because it doesn't work on canvas+

• Hey thechriskent,

Great plugin.

There is no way to remove jquery dependence? There is any other alternative to parse json? Because it doesn't work on canvas+

I'm using Canvas+ as well and I never had any issue with the SpriteFont+ plugin.

Regards

• > Hey thechriskent,

>

> Great plugin.

>

> There is no way to remove jquery dependence? There is any other alternative to parse json? Because it doesn't work on canvas+

>

I'm using Canvas+ as well and I never had any issue with the SpriteFont+ plugin.

Regards

Thats is odd. When I test the game using the Coocon.io dev app on android and IOS, using Canvas+, the Spritefont+ texts loose the spacing, but on Webview and Webview+ it works fine.

Maybe this issue only occur on dev app? Did not exported yet.

• >

> > Hey thechriskent,

> >

> > Great plugin.

> >

> > There is no way to remove jquery dependence? There is any other alternative to parse json? Because it doesn't work on canvas+

> >

>

> I'm using Canvas+ as well and I never had any issue with the SpriteFont+ plugin.

>

> Regards

>

Thats is odd. When I test the game using the Coocon.io dev app on android and IOS, using Canvas+, the Spritefont+ texts loose the spacing, but on Webview and Webview+ it works fine.

Maybe this issue only occur on dev app? Did not exported yet.

It works on both at my end. I'm not sure why this is happening on your end.

Can you send a minimalistic test capx file?

Regards

Andy

• HelmetPIg

Did you solved your problem? Same question

Were you able to find a way to set alignment via the event sheet?

I'm guessing someone would have to edit some .js in the SpriteFont+ unofficial plugin folder in order to add this functionality.

• Is there a reason why people are still using this plugin over the native C2 sprite font plugin?

• Is there a reason why people are still using this plugin over the native C2 sprite font plugin?

Hi ,

I for one love the fact that you can set the Character Width using a JSON text directly from the Properties Bar via the C2 editor. I know you can also achieve this via EVENTS when using the official plugin. However, for me, the problem is whenever I destroy and recreate the object. The Character width would return to it's original which unlike the SpriteFont+ which retains the set width JSON even after destruction. (I hope it makes sense)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • bloodshot put your character width actions in an 'on created' event for the sprite font and youre good. Plus the native plugin allows you to align the text dynamically.

• Hm.. Thanks I just tried it and It works. But I had to use multiple "Set character width" Action in the event sheet.

Is there anyway to just copy and paste the Character width JSON text that one gets from using GYFM2 and just set it like a regular JSON string? cheers

EDIT: Nvm. I got it, I just had to put it in an Array first. Thanks a bunch! Switching to official plugin now. (Though, I think setting it one time through the Properties Bar would still be cool)

• bloodshot using multiple actions for the widths wasnt much different that wrestling a long json string in the properties bar for me. Once that on created event is done, just hide it away forever

• Hi thechriskent!

Thanks for this one, it makes life much more comfortable!

Just one thing. Could you please remove the

console.log(this.charWidthJSON);[/code:3h2nioyl] from the [i]instanceProto.onCreate[/i] function? It really slows down object creation. I have leaderboards with thousands of entries and this one log slows it down by several seconds.

I can remove it myself for my own needs, but it would be good to have it clean in the official version. I presume it's just a remaining of your testings?

Cheers
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)