Re: MagiCam Plugin - v1.43 BETA(Updated 12/10)

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Creepy Sprite Font suitable font for your Dark/Horror/Halloween games.
  • This plugin is great! Actually, all your plugins . I translate them for a fan site (I've done 2, this ones next), it's a good way to try them. Good job!

ps - would it be possible to add more bones to IK Solver 2?

• I've finally got a new version up! Sorry it took so long... I've gotta stop playing MineCraft so much.

MagiCam Plugin - v1.4b

Download Now(with examples) - 156KB

Additions/Fixes/Changes:

[ADD] - Zoom limits can now be set for cameras through the "Set zoom limits" action. Default zoom limits are -1 for all values, which implies no limits.

[FIX] - "Set zoom margins" action displayed wrong values in event editor.

[CHANGE] - Pre-alignment and post-alignment actions for grid scrolling now take place before the after the pre-pause and before the post-pause, respectively.

With any luck, there shouldn't be any problems. Be sure to let me know of any problems.

This plugin is great! Actually, all your plugins . I translate them for a fan site (I've done 2, this ones next), it's a good way to try them. Good job!

ps - would it be possible to add more bones to IK Solver 2?

Thanks, man! I'm glad you're enjoying them enough to share them with others.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find any algorithms for IK supporting more than two bones, so I don't know if I'll be updating that plugin anytime soon. We'll see, though.

• Works wonderfully.

• I decided not to slack off this time and got a much quicker turn around time upon feature request. Check it out!

MagiCam Plugin - v1.41b

Additions/Fixes/Changes:

[ADD] - "Confine" parameter added to "Shake camera" action. This gives the option to either enable or disable the binding of the camera shaking to grid areas and the layout when "Bind to layout" is enabled.

Not too big of an update, but there it is. As always be sure to leave comments and bug reports.

• Just a single bug fix this time around, although I highly recommend that you upgrade to this version.

MagiCam Plugin - v1.42b

Additions/Fixes/Changes:

[FIX] - Initiating a grid scroll while the camera is shaking and pause on scroll is enabled would cause the camera to scroll to an invalid position, blanking the screen.

• Slightly offtopic, is that avatar from Toradora? I've seen it, but I can't seem to remember the scene...

Anyway, keep up the good work

• Another bug fix:

MagiCam Plugin - v1.43b

Additions/Fixes/Changes:

[FIX] - Setting the timescale to 0 while following is enabled would sometimes cause the camera to scroll to an invalid position.

Slightly offtopic, is that avatar from Toradora? I've seen it, but I can't seem to remember the scene...

Anyway, keep up the good work

Thanks.

Yup, it's from episode 17. I love that show.

• hi

I have big question about MagiCam Plugin and hope to get the answer

Is it possible to set the camera to follow the object in top-down view .

here is example what I mean:

• hi

I have big question about MagiCam Plugin and hope to get the answer

Is it possible to set the camera to follow the object in top-down view .

here is example what I mean:

Here's a quick example of how you can do such a thing. It's not commented, but it's pretty easy to understand.

Top-down follow thingy

I hope this helps.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I've had problem when checking global. On first layout I included MagiCam and checked the global. Than in the second layout I created camera add player, zoom 150, etc., but when playing, the camera was off focus. It followed the player, but it was almost out of the screen. I've tried create the cam on the 1st layout and than switch to it in the second, with same result.

• Hmm, magicam crashes construct for some reason. Odd..

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13338856/MAGICA ... 0crash.cap (uses 0.99.96 version of construct)

By the way, great plugin! keep up the good work!

UPDATE/EDIT

oh my, it appears that the magicam can not focus on destroyed objects or else it will crash construct. hmmm

• oh my, it appears that the magicam can not focus on destroyed objects or else it will crash construct. hmmm

I thought I had ensured that such silliness wouldn't happen, but I guess I didn't get it entirely. I'll take a look see tomorrow and fix it up.

And to noga about the global attribute, I never did any testing with the Magicam as a global object as I don't know what would be required to get it working. For now, your only option is to have a Magicam object for each layout.

• I don't know what the problem is, but I can't get ANYTHING working. I installed the plug-in and created the camera, but absolutely nothing else I change has any effect in the game. I give the camera coordinates, and it ignores them; I tell it to bind to the layout, it just doesn't; I follow your exact events to have it follow ahead of the character, and it won't... I don't know what to do, it just hates me for some reason.

It's always possible that I'm just an idiot and I'm doing it wrong, but this is getting really frustrating either way. Any suggestions? I'll keep playing around with it and see if I can get SOMETHING to work...

(using Construct 0.99.96, by the way)

• Do the examples that come with the plugin work?

• Yeah, they work perfectly. Which makes it all the more strange why I can copy those events exactly and get, well, nothing.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)