Re: MagiCam Plugin - v1.43 BETA(Updated 12/10)

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Creepy Sprite Font suitable font for your Dark/Horror/Halloween games.
  • This is a great plugin. I worked out how to switch through cameras (1,2,3,4,1,2... and in reverse too) with sprite buttons changing the variables.

I do get black screen first time I load the layout. The second time it is all fine. I do have two layers one is the HUD.

• One other improvement I can see for this would be to set it up so that you can select audio channels that don't pause when you have the "Pause During Scrolling" option enabled. That way things like music or certain ambient sounds don't get halted briefly during the grid scroll switch while the rest of the game does. Would something like that be possible?

Even if it isn't, this is still an incredible plugin. Thanks!

• One other improvement I can see for this would be to set it up so that you can select audio channels that don't pause when you have the "Pause During Scrolling" option enabled. That way things like music or certain ambient sounds don't get halted briefly during the grid scroll switch while the rest of the game does. Would something like that be possible?

Even if it isn't, this is still an incredible plugin. Thanks!

Thanks!

The sound issue isn't something I can be changed through the the MagiCam plugin, but rather something that would have to be changed in the XAudio2 plugin. However, if your game's timescale never changes from 1, you can just untick the "Timescale audio" box in the XAudio2 properties as a workaround.

• The sound issue isn't something I can be changed through the the MagiCam plugin, but rather something that would have to be changed in the XAudio2 plugin. However, if your game's timescale never changes from 1, you can just untick the "Timescale audio" box in the XAudio2 properties as a workaround.

Boy do I feel sheepish! Worked like a charm. Totally forgot about that option on XAudio completely. Thanks for the heads up, and thanks again for the plugin!

• Took a little longer than it should have, but here's the newest version!

MagiCam Plugin - v1.1b

Download Now(with example) - 145KB

Additions/Fixes/Changes:

[ADD] - There's now a post-alignment after the post-switch pause with grid scrolling. This prevents sudden camera shifts when coming out of a grid scroll.

[FIX] - Camera would shift a few pixels upon coming out of a rightward or downward grid scroll with integer precision enabled.

[FIX] - "Moving" was misspelled as "Moveing" in the "While motion in progress" condition.

As always, be sure to leave feedback and let me know about any bugs!

• Many thanx

• I've got a new version here which contains a nifty new feature for everyone!

MagiCam Plugin - v1.2b

Download Now(with example) - 145KB

Additions/Fixes/Changes:

[ADD] - Zoom to fit option added to the "Setup following" action along with horizontal/vertical zoom margin parameters. This option will have the camera zoom in or out to keep all followed objects on the screen at the same time while maintaining padding between the outer most objects and the edge of the view. Follow weights are ignored when this option is enabled.

Be sure to download this version and check it out. As always, report any bugs you come across.

• Can you do an example of the Zoom Fit?

• I discovered a bug in the new zoom to fit feature, so I recommend downloading this immediately. It also has some small new features/fixes:

MagiCam Plugin - v1.3b

Download Now(with examples) - 155KB

Additions/Fixes/Changes:

[ADD] - Action for changing zoom margins along with action for toggling zoom to fit.

[ADD] - Expressions for getting zoom margins.

[ADD] - Expressions for getting scroll margins.

[FIX] - Zoom to fit margins weren't maintaining the proper amount of padding between followed objects and the edge of the view.

[FIX] - "Set scroll margins" action wasn't setting scroll margins correctly.

[CHANGE] - Changed "Set margins" action to "Set scroll margins" to avoid confusion with zoom margins.

This release also comes with a zoom to fit example in the examples folder, so I highly suggest that you check it out.

• Neat. I highly thank you!

On more then, could you add something that can limit how far is Zooms?

• Really amazing plugin. The zoom to fit really opens up another whole dimension of ease to use with construct.

I'm also trying to figure out limitations on the zoom, for both out and in. These can possibly be done with events but I'm still working my way through the plugin.

• Yeah, adding a option on how far the camera can zoom in/out would be pretty awesome.

• I'll work on putting out a new build with zoom limits tomorrow.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • How's the zoom limits?

• How's the zoom limits?

I've not had a chance to work on them yet. I haven't had as much time as I would like lately. Will see if I can find some time after work tomorrow.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)