*Updated* VAULT OF PERIL 3D FPS - Construct's 3D engine [5-level game on Scirra Arcade]

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Create a game inspired by great arcade classics as Operation Wolf
  • construct.net/en/free-online-games/vault-peril-32857/play

My retro-90s 3D FPS VAULT OF PERIL has been updated with enemy pathfinding, proper wall sliding, enemy demise animation, restart screen, new boss battle music, sprite variations, enhanced depth effects, and more.

It still fits within the free version's 50-event limit (with one to spare) and is (hopefully) as challenging as ever.

Original announcement:

construct.net/en/forum/construct-3/your-construct-creations-9/vault-peril-3d-fps-made-165209

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I played it to the end. Nothing too exciting though, that's just my opinion.

I think the blobs that the enemy skeletons shoot travel a bit too fast. Sometimes there was no avoiding being hit as you hid enemies just around the corner. The element of surprise was intended, but I didn't 'stand a chance' of avoiding being shot so it felt a bit unfair.

Also the health bar.. couldn't figure out how much health I had left, I think a simple health bar or plain number is better.

The bats are a bit of a useless enemy though, at least let them fly in your direction and when hit subtract health. Right now they're just cannon fodder. :P

I'm also working on an FPS, trying to keep the scope small, I think you did a good job on that.

• I'm also working on an FPS, trying to keep the scope small, I think you did a good job on that.

Thanks, these are invaluable observations.

My intent is to wring as much as I can from the free version which keeps me laser-focused on keeping everything as lean as possible. And I can see that the tuning of the game probably has much to do with my knowledge of how the gameplay mechanics are programmed and the levels are constructed, and my preferred playstyle in general. I will keep that in mind as I proceed with refinements.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)