Rex's plugins for C3?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Jump on the mole rats and see how far you can go!
  • Whatever I do with Construct, I've always relied heavily on rexrainbow's various plugins. Is there Construct 3 versions of those somewhere? They were never c2addons, just some .js files. Those can't be added via C3's Addon Manager.

I can't make use of my C3 license until those are usable in C3. I was under the impression that C3 was very backwards compatible. Wasn't expecting 3rd party plugins getting obsolete, as those were the saving grace of C2 and by far its biggest advantage over other similar engines.

• You can find rexrainbow's C3 plugins here...

https://github.com/rexrainbow/C3RexDoc/ ... o/index.md

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You can find rexrainbow's C3 plugins here...

https://github.com/rexrainbow/C3RexDoc/ ... o/index.md

I went to his Github but apparently went to the wrong place. These will work perfectly! Thanks!

• The ones I use most are already converted but some are still missing that I use in my newest project. But it's good to at least know that rex is converting the plugins. His stuff is awesome and would hate to lose access because of migrating to C3.

• If you rely on rexrainbow's plugin, use C2. This is my advice for you before your project goes larger and larger.

• If you rely on rexrainbow's plugin, use C2. This is my advice for you before your project goes larger and larger.

A solid advice. Especially since I'm using Construct to make PC-grade games and not just smaller mobile games.

Though I have never been able to compile .apk's via cocoon.io for some reason. So any Android app I might want to make will have to be imported to C3. Not sure what I'm doing wrong there.

Also one helpful user informed me that rexrainbow has left the Construct ecosystem and won't be "porting" any more of his plugins to C3. Only thing I needed that is missing is the Firebase ItemTable..

• > If you rely on rexrainbow's plugin, use C2. This is my advice for you before your project goes larger and larger.

>

Also one helpful user informed me that rexrainbow has left the Construct ecosystem and won't be "porting" any more of his plugins to C3. Only thing I needed that is missing is the Firebase ItemTable..

Really ? very bad news. . It looks like one have to remain stuck on C2 for a while...

• Construct 3 is really useless without firebase plugins... can anyone port / create firebase_leaderboard and firebase_realtime database plugins?

I will $$ pay for that.

• Construct 3 is really useless without firebase plugins... can anyone port / create firebase_leaderboard and firebase_realtime database plugins?

I will $$ pay for that.

How much?

• > Construct 3 is really useless without firebase plugins... can anyone port / create firebase_leaderboard and firebase_realtime database plugins?

>

> I will $$ pay for that.

>

How much?

I have no idea how much time it takes to convert those plugins so my estimate would be crafted from thin air

What about 50$ per plugin? I need Leaderboard asap, item table later.

• > If you rely on rexrainbow's plugin, use C2. This is my advice for you before your project goes larger and larger.

>

A solid advice. Especially since I'm using Construct to make PC-grade games and not just smaller mobile games.

Though I have never been able to compile .apk's via cocoon.io for some reason. So any Android app I might want to make will have to be imported to C3. Not sure what I'm doing wrong there.

Are you sure about that? I'm looking at the last messages from Rex but I do not see that he has officially communicated.

• It won't happen again, because that I won't create, update or port any c3 plugin.

He also changed his profile to "Goodbye".

• Maybe when the new runtime for C3 is finished the Scirra team maybe can/will create more official plugins for integrating with other APIs. That would be the best solution.

I do not think rex will came back to the community.

• For a new runtime, all plugins must be rewritten, including those that have been converted. Rex said he won`t do it.

• Seems like quite a few plugin developers have left the community, or are no longer supporting their old plugins. There's still quite a few popular ones that needs to be converted and I doubt that the Scirra team has time and manpower to do it all. And I doubt plugin developers are willing to do it for free.... soooo.... I was thinking...

I would gladly pay for someone to convert plugins I rely on so maybe an indiegogo, or gofundme campaign or something similar would be good to get some cash to pay for someone with the right skills to do the conversion?

* Is there any plugin devs on the forum, that has the skills, knowhow & time to do C3 versions, and feel they could do it if they got payed for their work?

* Is there any game devs on the forum that are willing to pay to get a C3 version?

Since it's a community after all, maybe if we all chip in, we can get the ball rolling if the only thing holding conversion back is financial. If we can get permissions from the original plugin creators to do a conversion of course, otherwize they should be built new from scratch, from available SDK's.

I don't mind paying for plugins that I feel are missing.

Maybe even a Patreon account also to be able to pay devs for maintenance of C3 plugins. If we as a Construct community could hire a full time developer to supply us with much needed plugins that would be awesome.

Any takers?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)