The new plugin of the Game Master Collection, a plugin that manages and optimizes the GFX Quality and performance of an application.
Construct 3 uses 100% of your project's Graphics Quality, but most of these are just excess quality you can go without for performance, with less to no apparent loss in quality.
- Automatically or manually sets the GFX quality of the game.
- Automatically and intelligently sets the GFX quality based on the device specification.
- Designed ground-up for the c3runtime.
- Optimization options included, like the quality limit and method of implementation.
- Expressions list designed to cover all the possibly useful output.
- System+, a few system counterpart actions which are made to apply optimizations.
- Freedom in the use of features are put into account in the development, all ACEs are made flexible.
- Efficiently coded compared to its old c2 counterpart. From 2K lines of code to now just 300.
- Fully compatible with the runtime and supports all built-in plugins & behaviors like the Anchor.
- Designed in effort to not obstruct the built-in features and rather work with it, like the Anchor behavior, unlike its old-counterpart.
- Both C3 Debugger and [F12] Debugger support.
- Documented Sample Projects.
- Construct Master Collection - Documentation included.
The initial experiment was a success, it made an improvement from 28 FPS to 60 FPS, with no apparent quality loss. This is a very beneficial for graphic intensive games on both mobile and desktop.
An experiment using a manual set quality action.
After (60 FPS)
Due to the GIF Recorder's resource usage, the FPS only made it to 57 FPS, but it does reach 60 FPS when not in record.
It was a huge success!
That was the result of the GFX plugin test for the Construct Master Collection's Game Master Collection. This will be released on 7.0 with the other plugins like the Clock.
That's all for now, have a nice day and happy game development!