Windows mouse cursor ALWAYS coming back ?

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
Mouse cursor is something that the player controls and sees all the time, that's why it is so important to make it cool!
  • Hi All,

I've tried few ways to change the mouse cursor, the built in "Set Cursor to Mouse"

the more manual of every tick to set position of the cursor sprite, I even tried to set cursor to "None" and then set the position and everything works fine, the cursor is there BUT...

there is always a problem that I don't know how to get rid of, the Windows original mouse cursor is ALWAYS coming back here-and-there... if it's after few clicks, if it's randomly I don't even know when it happens.

So my question is: How can I make SURE it won't appear, because I want to see ONLY my custom sprite cursor.

Here is an example that is the result of ALL the ways I tried as described above, none solve the issue.

I tried, Every Tick, and I also tried On Start of Layout Set Curosor, nothing helps.

As you can see, at the very end the original cursor appears...

I'm using Windows 10 if it helps solving this issue, pls HELP?

Tagged:

• Do you have any form control objects (even invisible) on this layout - text boxes, buttons, sliders etc.? Cursor may change when it's hovering over them.

• Thanks for the quick reply, Nope I have nothing special or hiding yet...

I'm about to add more layers and probably there will be hidden collision objects as well but not yet.

So this feature is very limited from my understanding and I didn't even add extra code which may make things even worse...

Is there a different way to make a custom cursor without such weird result?

Thanks ahead! :)

• This is weird, can you share the project file?

• This is weird, can you share the project file?

Sure, here is the file:

Mouse Cursor - Test

To test it and get this weird mouse cursor problem I described:

Click with right or left buttons many times, it will convert to the default Windows mouse cursor until you move the cursor again...

it's very random, it can happen after few clicks or after many... but I can't get rid of this.

BTW - I replicate the same code to ClickTeam Fusion 2.5 and it didn't happen, I wanted to see if the issue is in Construct 3 or in Windows... I hope it's not a bug.

• Your link doesn't work, and I meant sharing project file (c3p), not exported game.

I tested it myself - I set cursor to sprite on start of the layout and it works fine, no matter how fast I click left and right mouse buttons.

• Your link doesn't work, and I meant sharing project file (c3p), not exported game.

I tested it myself - I set cursor to sprite on start of the layout and it works fine, no matter how fast I click left and right mouse buttons.

Please try the link again, I believe I fixed it, it's the same source c3p file I used on the GIF above.

I just tried it on my Laptop just in case it's not specific issue on my Desktop workstation... same issue, so I don't know how to solve it.

As I mentioned I tried different "code" ways. so what you see on the file I attached is just the last one, you can play with it... I still get the issue on both computers.

Thanks ahead for your help, I appreciate it! :)

• Your file still works perfectly fine for me, even if I set mouse cursor only once on start of the layout, not on every tick.

I don't know what can be the problem, maybe some browser addon, that you have installed on both PCs?.. Have you tried previewing with different browsers?

• Your file still works perfectly fine for me, even if I set mouse cursor only once on start of the layout, not on every tick.

I don't know what can be the problem, maybe some browser addon, that you have installed on both PCs?.. Have you tried previewing with different browsers?

Oops, I forgot to mention: I'm not using a browser for c3, I don't like it, less workspace, more memory eating and so on.. anyway

I only use the Desktop version (latest stable release)and I get the same results on both

I also tried now on the latest beta, nope, same issue.

I'm using Nvidia GTX 980 on my current PC with latest drivers installed.

I just tried on my chrome browser... same weird cursor error, what could it be? a c3 bug?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yeah, I also tested in Desktop version and tried remote preview in Chrome and Firefox. And on my laptop it works fine even when I click mouse buttons like crazy.

• OK this is very weird, I just did a quick test on my sister's computer a simple i3 with no extra graphics card as soon as I move the mouse a bit and 4-5 clicks... the mouse cursor is there!

This is very annoying after testing on 3 different computers!

I'm very confused and guess there is no fix to that bug.

• I tried. Works fine for me, no windows cursor no matter what I do. (Chrome, i7, no graphics card).

So let's debug it: It only happens on Clicks only? Confirm this by disabling On Click conditions. Then (assuming it works then) Enable those again, and now try replacing its actions (path following?) with some other action, maybe use Tween to reach there directly. See if the problem still exist?

Oh and also, try changing the event of Set Mouse Cursor, maybe set it only on Mouse click, or changing the position of that event elsewhere. See what happens.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)