How do I make a Sprite projectile appear to be facing the 3D Camera?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Simple and easily editable template for a dynamic camera that zooms in and out based on how far apart the players are.
  • Hi

I've been testing various aspects of the 3D features to see whether it's possible to make something akin to a Build engine game in Construct. So far everything works fine except for how projectiles are displayed.

Let says I have a circle Sprite that represents the projectile which is displayed on a 3D Shape billboard. If I fire that at a polar angle of 90 degrees, no problem. However if I then look up and fire at say 30 degrees, the circle Sprite appears distorted because it is no longer directly facing the camera. The camera is viewing it at an angle, not straight on.

I'm aware you can't currently rotate a 3D Shape along the polar (Y?) axis. Is this functionality that could be added in the near future? If not, is there a workaround to somehow alter the Sprite itself? And, if so, does anyone happen to have a simple example of it for a projectile?

Cheers

Tagged:

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks, though ideally I'd like to achieve this without 3rd party plugins.

Is there any other way?

The more I think about this issue the more it seems to be a bit of a fundamental thing to be missing. It would make complete sense if the 3D camera couldn't rotate around two axes. But it can and it just seems sensible to me that 3D Shapes should have the same rotation abilities as the 3D Camera...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)