Scroll-To Object is not working

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
All popular touch mechanics - scrolling, zooming, swiping
  • Hi,

I posted a video on Youtube to explain my problem. I have tried to use Scroll-To based on a behavior for an object and I also used the SYSTEM one to Scroll-To the object. I use ticks.

When I have the behavior enabled, the scroll-to works only when the unit is near a margin of the viewport. When disabled and I only use the SYSTEM one, it does not work at all.

I have checked parallax, multiple instances of the object, different triggers other than ticks. And here's the best part - I have successfully used the SYSTEM one to Scroll-To object in other games. I just opened up a successful game and I cannot figure how my set up is any different than the game where it works. Therefore, and thank you if you are still reading this, I created a video where I walk through the layout and the event sheet.

Thank you for taking a look. I am happy to do the work and not take the shortcut so if there's hints or tips, just let me know. I have used Construct 3 for four years so I am sure it's just something simple that I am missing...

youtu.be/KqhnCfuVIH0

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I decided to make a new layout and a new event sheet and copy everything from the original to the new one. Magically, it works on the new ones. However, intellectually, I still want to know why it does NOT work on the original layout and event sheet.

• Video is very good. You can see what the problem is.

But it is very difficult to look for the problem without a "*.c3p" file.

You can replace important sprites to protect against theft and post the file.

• I like to do camera through "lerp".

It looks softer to me.

I posted a simple example, you can tap on the ground and watch how the hero moves.

dropmefiles.net/en/AP4v

• I believe its a bug. Had it happen to me awile ago on a project. Had to recreate everything as well. Line for line and it just worked. Didnt change anything but it magically worked

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)