How do I realistically recreate gravity without physics?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Create a boss fight with this easy to follow game pack. Recreate the classic attacks of Mutoid Man from Super Smash TV
  • Hi, I'm tryna make the player have gravity in my game, but there is a problem: the world physics gravity is set to 0 because most of the game is underwater, and I cant just change the gravity because other objects use physics too.

Right now I am using this but it is, for a lack of a better word, pretty cringe.

Anyone know how to make this more realistic? Thanks.

• You can apply a constant force downward. Technically force=mass*acceleration so the gravity force for a specific object would be that. But the physics units are flawed in the behavior so a constant like 50 would work.

Alternatively you could set the y velocity to self.physics.velocityY+500*dt which would just apply an acceleration directly

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You can apply a constant force downward. Technically force=mass*acceleration so the gravity force for a specific object would be that. But the physics units are flawed in the behavior so a constant like 50 would work.

Alternatively you could set the y velocity to self.physics.velocityY+500*dt which would just apply an acceleration directly

Thanks for the response. I tried that and it works, but the problem with it is that the gravity 'speed' never increases, so it feels pretty floaty.

I tried doing that but also multiplying/adding a variable that increases over time to it to make the gravity speed increase the longer you fall, but none of my solutions have really gotten the desired affect. Any ideas?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)