Do I need to use both Touch and Mouse events, or can I get away with just Touch?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Total customisation of the input! You can combine inputs from all peripherals. Make your game accessible for everyone!
  • Hello guys! I am wondering if I need to use Mouse and Touch events on an object to add compatibility for Computers and Mobile, or if I'm fine with just touch. I know touch works great for my computer which has touchscreen, so I'm wondering if it works for all computers so I don't need to include mouse for a lot of stuff Thanks.

Tagged:

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Touch should be enough, but bear in mind Touch can do more than just a mouse can. You might have already seen this quote from the manual:

Use mouse input

If enabled, mouse clicks will simulate touch events. Clicking and dragging the left mouse button will simulate a touch along where mouse dragged, and single clicks will simulate taps. This can be very useful for testing touch events work properly on a desktop computer with no touch input supported. However, only single-touch input can be simulated with a mouse, and a mouse is much more precise than a touch, so it is still best to test on a real touchscreen device.

• It depends: Touch with mouse input enabled can work if all you need are left button clicks and drags. If you want something like detecting the mouse cursor hovering over an object, you still need the Mouse object for that, as the concept of hovering doesn't apply to touch input, or if you want to make use of middle/right clicks or the mouse wheel.

• It depends: Touch with mouse input enabled can work if all you need are left button clicks and drags. If you want something like detecting the mouse cursor hovering over an object, you still need the Mouse object for that, as the concept of hovering doesn't apply to touch input, or if you want to make use of middle/right clicks or the mouse wheel.

Thanks. I have am making a Clicking Game (what I have so far here) and use mouse for things like hovering, but I have a text button that when you click on it, it goes to different layouts. I was wondering if I needed to use mouse and touch for it to work, but you answered my question! Thanks a million!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)