List of issues

1 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Template for scrollable list, fully documented in comment and video
  • Hi, me again.

I have a list of issues that I'm having, I put them all in this one post so I didn't have to make a million posts.

1. The level transitions are glitched. On some levels (such as level 1), nothing happens when you enter the cave. On other levels, you enter the cave, the level complete screen shows up, and then it starts to play multiple music pieces at once and it sounds horrible. On others, you hit next level (while the music is all glitched) and the level complete screen stays there and it just restarts the level.

2. What I call "Custom Cursor setting" isn't working. You know how that in some games, you can set your cursor to either the normal system cursor or the game's own cursor? Well, I tried implementing that, and my checkbox can't be checked. Also please note that the checkbox I'm using is a sprite and that it's the the light blue and dark grey-ish black box that has no label yet.

3. My screen resolution setting malfunctions when you visit the options menu. It's hard to explain, you'll have to try to visit the options menu from the main menu.

Please note that if it works for you, I'm using Firefox. And I'm aware of the fact that when you play level 7, it says you're on level 6. That's just because I haven't yet set it to set the text to level 7.

And let me know what you think of the music. I just made the third music for chapter 1 earlier today.

One more thing. I'm going to have 3 main chapters. How many levels should I include in each chapter? Also, find the file down below.

Thanks so much in advance!

dropbox.com/s/m8npoen1umskv15/The%20Sweets%20Traveler%20Episode%201.c3p

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I think I'm getting the hang of problem 1, but a few more problems came to mind.

4. This isn't an urgent problem, although if the player is standing still right at a wall, they can't jump. The jumping sound effect plays but they can't jump.

5. On level 7, I want the octopus to move back and forth. But then he just bounces off the sunken bridge at an angle, then flies in the air out of water!

6. I'm also having a little trouble getting the music to stop when the player fails the level so the fail sound effect can play.

Thanks again in advance!!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)