iOS 11.3 update issues with my published app. Please help!

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • My published app has developed a few problems after updating to 11.3. The screen now moves around while dragging. Also the cut and paste menu pops up when the screen is touched. Anyone else having issues with 11.3?

• I have the same issues with my games.

I opened up a bug report here:

https://github.com/Scirra/Construct-3-bugs/issues/1472

• Hi, thanks for replying. Does your app bring up the copy/look up buttons when you tap and hold on the screen? That also started with 11.3 and makes the game almost unplayable. Both problems are recreated on my browser demo at and when I test over wifi from Construct 2. I am using an Ipad Air.

• Hi, thanks for replying. Does your app bring up the copy/look up buttons when you tap and hold on the screen? That also started with 11.3 and makes the game almost unplayable. Both problems are recreated on my browser demo at http://www.8bitconservatory.com and when I test over wifi from Construct 2. I am using an Ipad Air.

Nope! I haven't seen any copy/paste pop-up in my games. It's just the some pixels up/down movement. It is definitely bound to iOS11.3. I used C3 btw.

• same thing here with cocoon export.

One thing iw noticed... html export opened in iPhone safari behaves the same way

• We have the very same screen movement problem with IOS 11.3

• So how we gonna fix this? I mean that's a complete game breaker for me.

• Please see the bug report. We currently cannot reproduce any problem on any of our iOS 11.3 devices. It is essential to first find a way to reproduce the problem.

• The bug also happens on the browser demo of my game at http://www.triadtuning.com/Demo/

This leads me to believe the problem is in the javascript.

To repeat the two issues I've discovered in iOS 11.3 on my Ipad Air are:

Game window moves while dragging

Tap and hold brings up copy/look up buttons

The issues does not occur on any of my android devices, amazon tablet, or desktop browsers. Only on my Ipad Air with 11.3. It worked perfectly prior to the update to 11.3.

Thanks!

www.8bitconservatory.com

• Here is a video of me recreating the problem on my iPad Air with 11.3

https://youtu.be/qBkFb-DKl8U

• I tested a few Construct 2 templates over wifi on the Ipad Air running iOS 11.3. The copy/look up error is recreated on the Retro Style Template, the Flying Along template and the turret defense template.

It does not occur with the template-verticalshooter.capx, infinite jumper, and physics puzzler.

I hope this helps.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Please file any other issues that have not already been reported to the bug tracker following all the guidelines, otherwise they won't be investigated.

• A brief update...

When app was on iPhone device prior to update... it was not affected with this issue when iOS was updated to 11.3

But when app was rebuilt and redistributed with just a minor change to version and some text files it get affected.

• Update:

I fixed both the screen scroll issue and copy/look up button issue.

For some reason my config.xml file did not contain:

<preference name="DisallowOverscroll" value="true" />

Adding this back fixed the screen scrolling problem.

The copy/look up issue was resolved by adding this code to the css in index.html

* {

-webkit-user-select: none;

}

I have no idea why this issue appeared after updating to iOS 11.3. But if it happens to you, start with these changes.

• My published app has developed a few problems after updating to 11.3. The screen now moves around while dragging. Also the cut and paste menu pops up when the screen is touched. Anyone else having issues with 11.3?

I'm having the same problems, getting reports from everywhere that the screen is scrolling on iOS when they touch and drag. How can this happen????!!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)