Is there a way to improve physics?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
City ride is a game to improve your memory.You have to focus and remember the information related to passengers of previ
  • I'm working on a game that relies on rotating platforms and colliding physical objects, and the character will be jumping on those platforms, which requires a good amount of accuracy for the physics.

Construct's physics work for a certain level, but they start to break, the player goes through platforms or vice versa, and I tried adding solid behaviors, physics, and other things as bullet enabled to check for moving objects, but it's still not really good for a game without glitches so far. So is it possible to make it better or is that the best construct is capable of?

Any help is appreciated.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Physics is as good as you know how to handle the physics object and your understanding of how actual physics works to apply them to your game mechanics.

Note that there are two stepping modes, dt, or framerate independent which is non-deterministic (may be bad for precision), and fixed, or framerate dependant, which is consistent but will run at different speeds at different refresh rates.

You should not be using other behaviors such as solid or bullet with physics. They will absolutely cause problems.

Often people end up realizing didn't need a full physics simulation to begin with for what they were trying to do, and would be better served by other behaviors and game logic/mechanics.

• I'm trying to make a character that switches between platform mode and physics mode, where the character turns into sort of a circle and will behave like such going down obstacles and other moving objects.

I'm still a beginner with construct, where do I find the different stepping modes for the physics behavior?

• Nevermind, I found it, it was in the physics actions, thank you for the input I'll try to make it work somehow, I feel like I understand it better now.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)