How do I Enabling access in preview mode based on Google Play?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Google Analytics 4 Plugin for Construct 3 enables metrics and analytics for your games easily.
  • I looked over the documentation at:

https://www.construct.net/en/make-games/manuals/construct-3/plugin-reference/google-play?utm_campaign=C3Editor&utm_source=browser&utm_medium=r379&utm_term=PropertiesBar-LinkProperty

The problem is, in google play console, there is no game details section that has a header of API CONSOLE PROJECT like in the documentation, however, under "GROW" there is the Play Game Services, which has the credentials, adding the credentials of Game Server type for a web appliation OAuth client, using Web client (auto created by Google Service) which gives me the Client ID, the project is linked via firebase also with google play using the project ID. Also, in Firebase, authentication sign in method provider is set for Google. What step did I overlook?

When going into test mode, the error I get from the app in the browser preview is:

idpiframe_initialization_failed

preview.construct.net is listed as an authorized domain under client id for web application, web client (auto created by google service), authorized javascript origins. I also have construct.net listed just in case. I double checked that the client id matches that in the google plugin, this is the one ending in googleusercontent.com and listed in the Client ID field in the object type properties for Google Play.

I do not see any reason for me to get an error, it does show the login screen, goes through the login process, then with Google play -> On sign in failed is triggered with the error: idpiframe_initialization_failed

any suggestions? It works just fine when deployed to the android store for android devices and signs in, but On signed in doesn't trigger or set the player display name, so on the android side, the sign in itself works, but none of the other actionable events work.

Thanks for any suggestions.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The Test for web in your image is the one i am using in mine

Web client (auto created by Google Service) type Web application.

What do you have in your Authorized Redirect URIs?

I only have my firebasapp.com URL, what other URL should go in their?

• Didn't have any problems, first time watching some youtube video.

• Thanks, that pretty much matches mine but still get the error I posted.

So everything is setup correctly just can't use the preview to get the google information returned to the game. On the android, it has the typical google play welcome back message show up with the image etc, but none of the other things that you can do in google play can be used with Construct 3, none of the features in the documentation anyway. I will try to move to the firebase plugin I just purchased off of the Construct 3 store and see if i can use it.

Thanks again for your help.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)