How do I enable a deprecated plugin?

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.
  • Hello,

So I have a big problem. I have a project that I need to export using C2 runtime. But it uses new function blocks. Is there a way to enable the deprecated function plugin so I can rewrite functions the old way and switch the runtime afterwards?

I have few converted C2 projects with the old function plugin. So I used them as a reference and tried to modify the c3p file of my current project by copying function.json from older games and modifying c3proj file accordingly. But it didn't work. Perhaps didn't modify all of the necessary files.

Anyway I hope that somebody will be able to help. Thanks in advance!

• Why do you need to export with C2 runtime? It's not a great idea since C2 runtime will also soon be deprecated.

If you are certain you need to do this, it's possible to add old function object, I did it myself recently. I believe apart of modifying the c3proj file, you also need to copy Function.json and add at least one "on-function" block to one of the event sheets. It may be easier to create a blank event sheet for this purpose in your project.

• Why do you need to export with C2 runtime? It's not a great idea since C2 runtime will also soon be deprecated.

If you are certain you need to do this, it's possible to add old function object, I did it myself recently. I believe apart of modifying the c3proj file, you also need to copy Function.json and add at least one "on-function" block to one of the event sheets. It may be easier to create a blank event sheet for this purpose in your project.

Thanks for the quick response. I'll try your method.

As for your question, I don't need C2 runtime, it's my employer who does :)

Those guys have their own hardware specific reasons for this decision.

• Thanks again dop2000, your method worked!

• As for your question, I don't need C2 runtime, it's my employer who does :)

Out of curiosity, what's their reasoning for this? As noted we intend to retire that next year.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > As for your question, I don't need C2 runtime, it's my employer who does :)

Out of curiosity, what's their reasoning for this? As noted we intend to retire that next year.

They told me that built-in browsers on the old smart TV's don't support C3 runtime. And since they're publishing HTML5 games exclusively for the smart TV's, they want to support as many devices as possible. People don't buy new TV as often as a new phone for example.

• Hmm, interesting to know, thanks. I wish smart TVs updated their software more recently. My LG TV still runs Chrome 38, which is about 6 years old now...

• Ashley Perhaps add an ability to enable the deprecated plugins via the settings menu in the future release? Something like a checkmark in the advanced settings. I understand that my issue is a rare case but it would be really appreciated.

• Sorry, deprecated plugins are on track to be removed, and we specifically don't want new uses of them, since it will make it harder and more disruptive when we come to remove it.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)