Defer loading on certain objects/images

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Progress\Loading Bar. Now Load you game like a Professional.
  • Hi!

Is it possible to defer the loading of certain objects or images that you know will not be needed early in the layout, in order to make the initial loading time of the layout faster?

Tagged:

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Sprites that are not on the layout will not be loaded.

As soon as you create or spawn a sprite on the layout for the first time, it goes into video memory and stays there until the layout is closed or until it is forced to be unloaded.

Therefore, the first creation of an object that was not on the layout may not be instantaneous.

• There's some memory management actions

construct.net/en/make-games/manuals/construct-3/system-reference/system-actions

The object/images in question have to not be present initially on the layout, otherwise they are loaded automatically. Then you can do something like "on start of layout > load image into memory" or you can also simply create the object which will also load it into memory. You can also add "loading zones" that trigger when the player reaches a certain point in the layout.

I'd be curious to see what images cause your layout to load slow though. I've pretty much never managed to get layouts to take much longer to load than the blink of an eye, to the point where it was so jarring that I added a fake loading screen (fade to black)

I'd be curious to see what images cause your layout to load slow though. I've pretty much never managed to get layouts to take much longer to load than the blink of an eye, to the point where it was so jarring that I added a fake loading screen (fade to black)

This is easily accomplished on inexpensive Chinese phones, their built-in memory is very cheap and slow.

It is not critical, but at the first loading of large sprites there is a certain lag and the eye can notice it.

Therefore, I load all the leaf environment at once and create opponents outside the visibility only when the hero begins to approach them.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)