How do I change tilemap set?

1 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Enchanted Forest & Cave 16x16 Tilemap with Environment Sprites
  • So I have a bunch of premade rooms made from tilemaps for dungeon generation. Each room is a template. I have 4 different floors in the game and each would need to have the walls match the floor theme. Is there a way to change the tiles to match that using a variable? Or will I just have to make 4 different versions of every single template?

Tagged:

• Is it one tilemap object or four different ones?

If four different, you will have to make templates with the same name for every tilemap object. For example "boss_room" template for TilemapGrass, TilemapFire, FilemapWater, TilemapPoison. Then you can spawn a tilemap object by name.

If it's a single tilemap with 4 tilesets in it, maybe you can place these tilesets at regular intervals (say every 50 tiles). Then after adding a room, loop through all tiles and update them.

For example, if it's tile number 23 and you want it to be from the second tileset, you change it to 23+50.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'm hoping to just make it one tilemap to avoid having so many templates, but yeah I'll try and use the interval thing you described.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)