How do I get a ball to bounce using physics in side platformer?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
With this template you will learn how to use the GooglePlay Games native plugin
  • I am trying to make a side view platformer where the player is a ball/marble and it has semi realistic physics, like the ball bouncing, and the platforms having seesaw physics. Thankfully I found a tutorial on seesaw physics, but no matter what I do, I can't get the ball to bounce, without glitching out the seesaw platforms. I am using the physics behavior for everything. While we are at it, if you could help me figure out how to have the ball naturally slide off the platforms unless the player is moving them, that'd be cool too!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I don't know how to edit my post lol. Here is the game file so far. Also, not all of the seesaws respond the same which is weird.

dropbox.com/home

• You need to share a public link to your game.

Also physics are physics. You can have all of your objects that interact use them, or not but it is difficult to get good results with interactions between physics and non physics objects/behaviours.

Without seeing your game, your concept sounds simple enough to implement.

Give your ball sprite physics behaviour, plus any surfaces that it will contact. You can move the ball by applying physics forces to it. If the ball is on a physics object that is on an angle, it should naturally roll off it.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)