Weird Z positioning of tiled background image. Bug or am I dumb?

Not favoritedFavorited Favorited 0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Each tile 64 by 64 pixels - Ultimate Tile Set for your awesome games
  • I skipped a few versions, recently updated Construct, and now this happens (pay attention to what I'm showing with my mouse).

    drive.google.com/file/d/1WFMbTqh9RgIlcSYLB5O9XEhHOdCqh6jx/view

    It seems like the tiled background's image is being displayed at a Z offset.

    Idk if this is a bug or if I'm just missing something, so that is why I'm posting it here. Also, I can't seem to be able to reproduce it in a new project, so if it is I can't really report it properly.

    So, what the hell is that?

    Tagged:

  • Try Construct 3

    Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

    Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Check the value of "Use WebGPU in editor" in Menu -> Settings, it's all the way to the bottom. Normally I leave it in "Auto" and everything seems ok in my system. I just tried setting it to "No" and I am seeing some unusual scrolling in the layout view.

  • Thanks for the reply, Diego.

    It is set to Auto.

    The problem is also present in runtime, if that wasn't clear.

    Also, TiledBackgrounds (and Sprites) at the edge of the viewport are disappearing. Which I think is relevant because I think that Construct calculates that they are out of sight, but as they are rendered further back, they, in reality, aren't.

    I think this was a result of the deprecation of the old Z rendering mode I can't remember the name of in favor of "Normalized".

    Edit: I have tested tweaking that option. I think "Auto" is setting it to "Yes" because "Yes" changes nothing. "No" completely screws up everything very badly.

  • Hey Diego, I'd be happy to report a bug for this on GitHub, so can you please just tell me if this is a bug or some feature I'm misinterpreting? Like, is there some "Z image offset" parameter I'm missing?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 0 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 0 guests)