Typewriter text very slow on slow CPUs

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Keyboard, Mouse & Typewriter SFX / 27 Unique Sound Clips
  • Just FYI, we run Construct-created content on six laptops at our school here in India (content that has been exported from C3 as HTML5 and posted online via FTP, we are interacting with it through Chrome).

They all run fairly complex, demanding C3 HTML5 output pretty smoothly, with the one exception of typewriter text. Even simple typewriter text runs ok on an i3, but slows almost to a standstill on slower machines like Core2Duos. Like many people (and almost all schools) in India we have older, slower computers.

Typewriter events that are set to execute over 2 seconds take about 10 seconds. It's the same on multiple separate laptops. These same machines smoothly run C3 HTML 5 output that has physics, animations, audio, TTS, etc. It's just the typewriter text.

It's a bummer because it's a very engaging technique to grab and hold students' attention for reading exercises, and I've had to abandon using it.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Can you post the code? Because my pc is crap but construct 3 works like butter on my pc

• Can you post the code? Because my pc is crap but construct 3 works like butter on my pc

Not C3, only the typewriter text function. Other functions like Physics that are undoubtedly mmuch more CPU intensive work fine.

• > Can you post the code? Because my pc is crap but construct 3 works like butter on my pc

Not C3, only the typewriter text function. Other functions like Physics that are undoubtedly mmuch more CPU intensive work fine.

I meant that almost every feature including typewriter works smooth. Maybe the issue is in your code

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)