Spriter C3 Addon (8-16-2021 Bug fixes)

From the Asset Store
Rotate & Animation for 16 Direction & Mouse Direction
  • Thanks lucid, works great!

I hoped it automatically applied the Z-Order. Although I can still workaround it with layers, so as long as it works.

Thank you again!

• lucid

How do i check if animation is not playing in condition?

• lucid

How do i check if animation is not playing in condition?

I think you check if it IS playing and then negate the event.

• there is no "is playing" condition in Spriter plugin

• there is no "is playing" condition in Spriter plugin

• but it only checks for "Animation Name"

I'm trying to do is On any key pressed play "this" animation. but what if we pressing key continuously. So i want to add another condition When "this" animation is not playing.

• but it only checks for "Animation Name"

I'm trying to do is On any key pressed play "this" animation. but what if we pressing key continuously. So i want to add another condition When "this" animation is not playing.

Animation name is testing if that animation is playing at that moment, and if you invert/negate the event after creating it, then it tests for the reverse, IE "is this animation NOT playing".

For example, you want pressing a button to trigger a punch animation:

upon button pressed

Is player animation "punch" (NEGATED)

Then play the punch animation.

This is the basics, BUT for complex characters you likely want to learn how to use a variable as a simple 'state machine'. I always create a variable called "stuck in move", and treat a value of zero to mean they are not stuck in a move, and 1 to mean they are stuck in a move.

Then I set stuck in move to 1 whenever I trigger a special animation like punch, and then have an event that turns "stuck in move" back to zero when those animations finish. Otherwise you are going to end up needing to check if lots of different animations are not playing all over your 'code'.

• Yes i do use variables, but mostly i use wait "(animation time)" seconds. But i am saying something like this image.

• Yes i do use variables, but mostly i use wait "(animation time)" seconds. But i am saying something like this image.

I'm not sure what you're asking now. Are you confused because the wording is different between the Spriter plugin and Construct sprites? They are functionally the same.

Compare animation (checking the name of the current animation) is the same as "is playing"< which is also just checking the name of the animation which is playing.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • No "Compare animation" is not same as "is Playing"

"Compare animation" checks for current Animation name and "is Playing" checks for status of animation about that is playing or not () active or not.

• No "Compare animation" is not same as "is Playing"

"Compare animation" checks for current Animation name and "is Playing" checks for status of animation about that is playing or not () active or not.

EDIT: OH, after posting, I realized maybe you want the object to always be set to the same animation, but play once after a button is pressed, and then go back to the first frame and stop until the button is pressed again?

For that you can just check the spriter objects playback ratio or set it to paused or unpaused instead of "stopped" or not.

The problem mentioned (not to allow button mashing to continue re-starting the animation) doesn't care if the animation is paused or not, so I don't understand what you're after.

The logic you requested is the same, no matter if the animation is set but not playing or set and playing back at any particular speed.

Is there more to what you need that I don't understand, or do I totally misunderstand the problem you are trying to resolve?

• Hi Mike at BrashMonkey,

I think what he meant is, for example, if an animation is not looping and you want to check if it's still actively playing (since the animation will just suddenly stop, if not looping).

• I am creating Animation on any key pressed but while animation is playing then i don't want to create that animations on key pressed.

for the same need in C3 animation i do

On any key pressed & Animation is not playing > create Animation

• I am creating Animation on any key pressed but while animation is playing then i don't want to create that animations on key pressed.

Maybe the word "create" is being picked my a translation tool? 'Create' is a bit odd and I would take that to mean you want to switch from one animation to another when a button is pressed.

so is it always set to the same animation and you want it to eithe be stuck at it's last frame or to replay the animation from the start once a button is pressed?

If so, you don't need to check for the animation name, just check for either its frame or it's playback speed ratio or it's position in fractions of a second in the animation.

If you are changing from one animation to another then it doesn't matter if the animation is stopped or paused, it's either one animation with one name or another animation with another name.

I don't think we'll understand each other unless you send me the construct file for me to look at.

• I apologize. I was arguing on wrong topic. I don't know what was happened in my mind that i was arguing on totally wrong topic. I was getting a bug issue. When i create a new animation in new position for a vary small second first it appears to previous position and then it goes to the new position.

No "Compare animation" is not same as "is Playing"

I am not getting how i typed this.

I am really sorry again.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)