Spine plugin update

9 favourites
From the Asset Store
Fantasy Game includes more than 600 sound effects inspired by hit computer games like World of Warcraft and Diablo.
  • Think of bbox override as the area your Spine instance will render into. If scale is set to 1, it will be the same 'coordinates' as your Spine project.

In general, your Spine animation should stay centered around a point in your Spine project. If you have a jump or leap animation, it should be done 'in place' and the actual vertical or horizontal movement should be done by moving the C3 Spine object during runtime in C3.

The width and height are the size of the area that is rendered into, so it should be sized to encompass all the movements of your Spine object (e.g. large enough to capture a swinging sword.)

The offset x and y are used to center the area around your character. For example, if your character is centered around 0,0 in the Spine project, the offset should generally be -1/2*width and -1/2*height.

The main thing we usually do is experiment a little, using a scale of 1.0, then use height and width of the object itself to scale as needed.

• Using version 1.55.1 with a 3.8.99 file. Spine dimension is 400w x 300h at it's biggest (the large red stationary box). C3 image is also same dimension. Boom box stays at 0,0 origin throughout. Trying to get a 1:1 transfer.

Problem is I'm not sure where the origin point is in C3. When aspect is off, it is 1/2 C3's image dimensions and places it in the center.. But image dimensions must be EXACT or Spine animation is skewed (meaning, you have to know Spine's dimensions beforehand and put it in manually, otherwise it is not 1:1)

When Aspect is on, Spine scale is correct but displayed.. where?? What origin is this?

When override is on, origin is.. Bottom left? Even at "0,0" with proper size.

Would be nice to have an origin attachment dropdown. Like "Left, Center, Top, etc" and let the override push the image from there.

Is it possible to turn off cropping altogether? Have Spine image drawn to screen?

Thank you for your time,

CW

• Hi Mikal, I think I may have found another bug

Let me describe

When saving, if there are bones in the scene generated by other sprites (not bones placed in the scene in advance)

It will cause C3 to freeze when reading this archive.

• Not sure I understand what you mean, can you send the Spine project and c3 project with an example?

• Not sure I understand what you mean, can you send the Spine project and c3 project with an example?

I have submitted this question and file on Github. I hope it will be helpful to you

• Thanks, I will take a look this week.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thank you so much for this opportunity and the technical support!

If I ever make any money from my game, I'll be sure to make a donation.

• mrzuf thanks and good luck with your game. As always I am interested in seeing the plug-in in-game, so please share some vids or pix when you can.

• mrzuf thanks and good luck with your game. As always I am interested in seeing the plug-in in-game, so please share some vids or pix when you can.

All right! I'll show you when I'm ready.

However, I ran into a question. Is it possible to play two skins at the same time?

Conditionally, the first skin - the body, the second skin - the weapon.

• You can play animations on different tracks, you can different skins per slots.

• Thanks for the Plug in, I just published on IOS

• Rad Ricky Congrats on the game release! Nice Spine animations.

• Game was made with the Spine Plug in.

Here is the trailer.

Subscribe to Construct videos now
  • I am working on adding an action for changing attachments / images within a collection of skins, once it's solid enough, I'll post an update.

• Excuse me, does this plugin still support Dragon Bones in Construct 3? Can't import an animation (I also used your json pather gritsenko.github.io/c3_spine_plugin/formatter/index.html) but still doesn't work

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)