Spine plugin update

9 favourites
From the Asset Store
Fantasy Game includes more than 600 sound effects inspired by hit computer games like World of Warcraft and Diablo.
  • I've been trying to pull bone position and rotation values (bonex/boney etc) from a Spine file but everything I try just returns a value of zero. I can overwrite bone values just fine but reading them just seems busted. Is there something particular I need to do in the setup?

• You can't really pull bone position, you can only 'force' their values.

Instead if you want to use a Spine position to reference in C3, you should add a bounding box to the spine project attached to a bone where you want it (e.g. at the tip of a sword) and use the bounding box expressions to read the value of the bounding box (either the points of the box or the center.) The github site has a little more information on that (you also need to use the update bounding box ACE to get the latest values.)

• Phew, that's good to know. I couldn't work out what I was doing wrong. I'll see if I can get the bounding box method to do what I'm after. Thanks for the info... and plugin work.

• Hello Mikal. Mikal

Perhaps you can help. I have the following problem - I came up with the concept of the game and do preliminary testing. I place a lot of spine files on the stage, I stop animations on the game stratum, but the device processor is still very busy. Is there anything you can do to prevent the game from wasting resources processing static spine files? I would like to place 100-200 spine files on the layout and turn them on at different times. (Recently found out about a similar issue, I placed a lot of Particles Generators on the stage, set their rate to 0 and what do you think? The FX Generators didn't work 100%, but they consumed a lot of CPU power, very strange..... )

I have attached an image from my 2016 tablet. If the spine file is 1-2-5-10, then there is no problem, but my idea requires 100-200, maybe there are ideas.

update I tried to make all discovered and performance become very accessible, but if I made 1 visible and all the rest invisible, the CPU chokes again, even though one image should be working, all others are invisible and should not consume resources.

• Which version of the addon are you using? Later versions have optimizations around this case when animation is paused.

• Update:

github.com/gritsenko/c3_spine_plugin/releases/tag/2.8.2

Fix C3 324 compat and set region ACE for 4.1

• Update:

https://github.com/gritsenko/c3_spine_plugin/releases/tag/2.8.2

Fix C3 324 compat and set region ACE for 4.1

- In the first version of the test project, I used one instance of the hero and cloned it 50 times, maybe this was a mistake.

- Now I have made 50 unique spine files (but I used the same .atlas .png .json files for all).

- I also took the latest version of the plugin 2.8.2 and here is the result. If nothing happens in the game, then the CPU usage drops to 20%, good, but if I start to rotate one of the sprites, which is not related to Spine files, then the CPU usage is again 90%, it seems to me that they start wasting resources, although the animation does not play.

If you want to do an individual test, then I made a source file for you. You may not notice the problem on an Apple device, and if you have a very powerful android device, then you may not notice the problem. I tested on two medium power devices(.c3p) - https://cloud.mail.ru/public/xkxp/giCKGdd2Q

My game is a search for items, where there are about 200 small robots on the level, I wanted to animate them all a little and turn on 10 pieces at a time so that the game would not slow down. (generally I would like to include all 200 short easy animations, but most likely there is no such method)

• Thanks for the details and the example, I will review.

• sTARKi - can you share an example file showing the issues, I want to make sure I am addressing your specific use case. I use sendgb.com to send large files, or you can DM me on the Construct Community Discord.

• Hi, I can't get it to work in any way, even using the latest version of the plugin and filling the values in the property bar in the same way as the examples I've seen, nothing appears, the sprite appears invisible or does not load it directly . I tried everything, including using an older version of spine and an older version of the plugin, but nothing I try works. It's frustrating.

I am using version 4.1.19.

Could someone make a video tutorial or some small step by step guide so I can see where I'm failing?

• Note that the Spine object will _not_ render in the editor, it will only render during runtime, due to limitations of how the Spine render interacts with the C3 render.

That being said, if you are having an issue during runtime, you can send a link to the project and I can take a look for you.

• what is the correct way to add the skins from the spine files to the character?

i have a character with three skins: "helmet01", "body-male01" and "head01"

i tried adding them to the active skins on the spine object properties but only got the base "body-male01" to show, it shows more or less a blank sprite if I add two or more skins on this property setting.

i tried add skin, set skin, and custom skin event but no luck.

Thanks, in advance

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Can you share your project? I typically create a custom skin, add the other skin variations I want to that custom skin and then set the custom skin.

If you want to DM, the project, I am Mikal#1464 on Discord and on the Construct Community Discord server.

• i found the answer, thanks for the reply. I didn't knew that "set skin" can take more than one parameter or skin name. i was doing a separate event per skin.

another solution i found, for the feature our team wants, is slot colors; i just want a hue change on certain body parts, it is easy to store the colors on variables. this reduces the amount of work the artist has to do and speeds up development. it's exactly what we need rather than skins.

so far so good, thanks for such awesome tools.

• essencescape nice work figuring it out. When you are ready, it would be nice to see what you are doing with the Spine addon, feel free to post results into this thread.

In terms of slot colors, also look at doing two color tint, this requires you to also add a 'tint black' to the slots you want to color. Dark color allows more effects to be done, definitely some interesting ones.

twitter.com/EsotericSoft/status/802960853242822656

en.esotericsoftware.com/blog/Spine-3.6-tint-black-clipping-weight-painting-and-more

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)