Share your Xcode experience

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
  • Share your Xcode experience

Has someone imported a project in Xcode? What are the pitfalls? What you need to know? Before you upload to the appstore using xcode.

I ran into this emulation problem. How can you solve it? I also have 67 exclamation yellow signs. This is normal? Will it be moderated?

Also, if someone has experience from A to Z, who preempted this is not an easy way to download the application in the AppStore, share it, I would very much like to listen.

Tagged:

• It says right there that you cannot solve it, it´s a bug by apple that they have to solve.

On that note, the entire process for apple is so stupid, as far as I care they can shove it somewhere dark.

Just for fun, here is an iphone emulator running on a virtual mac running on windows.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• It says right there that you cannot solve it, it´s a bug by apple that they have to solve.

On that note, the entire process for apple is so stupid, as far as I care they can shove it somewhere dark.

Just for fun, here is an iphone emulator running on a virtual mac running on windows.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And what if I have a Mac, and Xcode does not work? How can I test the game on all devices?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • And what if I have a Mac, and Xcode does not work? How can I test the game on all devices?

Well, you´ll have to find a few people to test and cross your fingers until the problem is fixed. Or yolo it entirely and just hope it will work, but I´d not do that.

• My experience:

• Using Xcode 10.2.1 on iMac 10.14.4
    • Iphone X with iOS 12+ connected via USB
    • Download xcode project from C3 (cordova with xcode option)
    • Change Xcode Project Setting to 'legacy build'
    • Many warning about deprecations, etc. on loading C3 project into xcode.
    • Add my provisioning to the project
    • Clicked run and C3 app appeared on my iPhone.

Some caveats - I find that generally, effects don't always work well on iPhone, sometimes perf issues, sometimes issues if you are using parameters in effects that require knowledge of true screen resolution (depending on scaling modes, the retina display can be running at 2X of reported resolutions.)

• My experience:

• Using Xcode 10.2.1 on iMac 10.14.4
    • Iphone X with iOS 12+ connected via USB
    • Download xcode project from C3 (cordova with xcode option)
    • Change Xcode Project Setting to 'legacy build'
    • Many warning about deprecations, etc. on loading C3 project into xcode.
    • Add my provisioning to the project
    • Clicked run and C3 app appeared on my iPhone.

Some caveats - I find that generally, effects don't always work well on iPhone, sometimes perf issues, sometimes issues if you are using parameters in effects that require knowledge of true screen resolution (depending on scaling modes, the retina display can be running at 2X of reported resolutions.)

Thank you very much I pushed with the problem of dropping the FPS and at the same time the speed of movement of my character drops

Tell me, how did you solve the problem with different permissions on the iphone? Did you use scaling for any resolution in the project settings?

For example iphone x - 2436x1125

iphone 8 - 1334x750

iPhone8 Plus - 1920-1080

How did you position the interface so that it was everywhere on the screen?

• I just use 'Auto-fit' and 'Letterbox Scale'. However, for the best fit, there is a lot more discussion in other forum posts (especially with regard to newer iPhone notch and scaling.)

In terms of permissions, my game did not need any additional permissions, because it was not using services or camera (just single player experience without sign in or leaderboard.) Of course, you need the usual Apple certificates and provisioning profiles to deploy to a phone or Test Flight or the App Store.

• I just use 'Auto-fit' and 'Letterbox Scale'. However, for the best fit, there is a lot more discussion in other forum posts (especially with regard to newer iPhone notch and scaling.)

In terms of permissions, my game did not need any additional permissions, because it was not using services or camera (just single player experience without sign in or leaderboard.) Of course, you need the usual Apple certificates and provisioning profiles to deploy to a phone or Test Flight or the App Store.

Can you tell me more about Letterbox Scale, what is it? I now have a problem with scaling on all iPhones.

The forum could not find a topic with them, maybe you have a link?

• Try this, there's not 'one true answer' in the thread, just lots of tips to look at and try out:

construct.net/en/forum/construct-3/general-discussion-7/iphone-display-problems-132147

Letterbox Scale is described here:

construct.net/en/tutorials/supporting-multiple-screen-77

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)