selecting a tile with z-elevation, 3d sprites hierarchy

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Everything you need to make a top-down office scene. 16px x 16px tile map and office sprites. 100% royalty free to use.
  • if i click a sprite. it selects the sprite. but if sprite has z elevation, it will click true, for its supposed position, not its actual position..

(spite holds all 3d block family variables)

3d sprites cant spawn objects?? i want to spawn and set hierarchy to a sprite that will define its animation... whats up with that? or is there a plugin?

• You’ve landed on a major limit with the 3d in construct. Collisions (including with the mouse) only happen in 2d on the z=0 plane.

Seems it’s basically a problem of calculating if a ray from the camera to the mouse position is intersecting the sprite’s quad. Just a bunch of math since construct doesn’t have anything that helps with that. But you could try searching the forum for 3d ray cast for various possible solutions.

If an object doesn’t have the spawn action just use the system->create action.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • ROJO its been 9 years since i was here under name Aher0

great to see you are still about. and still solving my problems.

ill look into 3d ray cast!

• saying that. its a new day. and i have new ideas.

couldnt i pin an invisible 3d block to mouse.

Tried it. yeah, it highlights blocks well. if i could snap it to a grid....ahh problems for another day.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)