Just noticed something on pricing 😁

0 favourites
  • I don't know if this is new today, but now when I go onto personal license pricing, I see a monthly option.

I am living in Europe and I don't know if this is a worldwide thing, but if it is it is amazing and will hopefully change the opinion of some of the naysayers.

I am still probably going to keep paying for the yearly sub, but hopefully some more people will be able to try the full version out now.

Thanks for supporting the community Scirra/Construct Team!

• No problem, yes we enabled monthly pricing globally as of yesterday. We've sent an email and done some social media promotion of it today. Glad you think it's a positive step, we hope so too!

• You are right, it's a new option. Recently bought a yearly subscription.

But the monthly is 50% more expensive!! I barely see any justification for that price difference.

It's not amusing to see Scirra become more and more of a 'commercial' business. I wonder if they'll ever raise the yearly price as well.

• What do you mean you don’t see a justification. The justification is to encourage the Yearly Subscription as a discount. It’s kind of like a contract. The monthly allows you to break away anytime without spending the full amount of a yearly. It’s probably good if you just want to try it for a month or two before fully committing.

• Exactly. It's 'encouragement'. Commercial encouragement. Imagine someone wants to pay monthly for the freedom, but also to make it easier to pay. Instead of paying one big bill it's sliced. Which is easier to afford to many. But right now you're being r'ed off for wanting that option. I can't believe you're defending this.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yeah, I think it's what most would call a premium.

• The monthly subscription caught my attention but ... the price soared, I won't take it.

I would have understood that the monthly price is more expensive but ... 50% is too much for me. The same thing always happens to me with Scirra, I expect great things ... but then Scirra brings them in a way that I just disappointed.

It also happened to me at the time of announcement of C3 and in other small less important occasions.

• The monthly subscription is an entirely new and more accessible plan for Construct 3, representing a much lower cost to get started. As with pretty much all subscription services, you get a discount for going with the annual option. I mean, we could have hiked the annual subscription price up a lot to make monthly 1/12th that value, but I don't think that would have been much more popular! 😉

If you only use Construct for a couple of months, you save a lot of money. If you plan to use it long-term, you can pay for a year and save a lot in comparison to paying monthly. I don't see how this is a problem - how long do you plan on using Construct for?

• I noticed price on the "pricing" page is not the same as price on the my "subscriptions" page. my next bill looks higher. Btw monthly subscription is great. Thanks.

• Subscriptions are billed at the price you initially subscribed at - any price changes on the website won't affect how much you keep paying. If your next bill was going to be higher for any reason, we'd definitely let you know in advance.

• I personally have seen an increase of price of about 10 Euros for the annual subscription. Correct me if I'm wrong. I still haven't subscribed yet and I kept opening the pricing page often in these days to think about it.

• I love the fact that there is a monthly option now. And of course it's going to be more expensive than subscribing for an entire year. That's not a new concept.

Construct 3's subscription model gets a lot of flak, but I'm more than happy to pay it. It's affordable and it enables Scirra to maintain and add features to the engine. Plus... Scirra doesn't take any of your game's profit.

• Everybody charges more for monthly, that is perfectly normal. As for Scirra becoming "commercial" well, they are a business. There would be no Construct if they were not commercial.

I personally have seen an increase of price of about 10 Euros for the annual subscription

Could be Exchange rate fluctuation? Euro vs. British pound vs $, whatever the original pricing is in vs. everything else

• Think I got lucky. Discovered Construct on Saturday and then got the email about the monthly plan yesterday. Signed up straight away.

Great addition, thanks guys.

Tom

• Ashley Glad to hear about monthly subscription, I just paid monthly plan to make short time project with C3.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)