Moving a Project from Android to iOS

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
With this template you can create your own archer game and customize it however you want.
  • I have finished up my Android APK and its now sitting happily on the PlayStore. I will now begin looking into the iOS port of my APP.

What things should I look out for when I start this process?

For example, one issue I know that needs to be fixed is sound. Everything works fine in Android, but certain sounds dont play in iOS. I recently found out that this could be because I have MP3s, which is a format that doesn't jive well with iOS.

Anyway, is there anything that should be converted, changed, tested, etc when moving from Android to iOS?

Thank you for your help!

Tagged:

• Most importantly, you need a mac, and an apple device to test them. The sound is better to work in the native C3 format, and even then there are times when the sound does not work ...

You will also have to learn Xcode, it is not difficult ...

• Also you´ll need an apple developer account which is quite a bit more expensive than for the play store. And obviously all the services you might use that are tied to google (highscore lists and such) need to be adjusted for iOS.

• Nice! Thanks guys. I will have a go soon and hopefully it goes smoothly.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Consider reading this tutorial : construct.net/en/tutorials/ios-application-development-25

You might have to be careful about iOS being far more insisting on getting user's inputs on certain features (audio/video playback for example, and others, generally indicated in their manual article)

• Hi there, I advise you to check some guides as you know some problems may occur:)

Also go get iOS devices for testing, this way you'll understand better what things have to be done:)

• WackyToaster

And obviously all the services you might use that are tied to google (highscore lists and such) need to be adjusted for iOS.

I saw somewhere that XCode was giving errors due to there being Google stuffs inside. Will I need to delete all of the plugins that are related to the opposite OS? Or can I keep them in there and just create a 'PlatformInfo' condition?

Here's a picture to help explain what I mean:

• I had to delete the google play plugin otherwise it wouldn't work. I did create a bunch of platforminfo conditions thinking it will solve it but it didn't.

For me the game wasn't running at all as long as the google play plugin was in the project, even if unused. But that was a while ago, could be that it was fixed and the errors can be ignored. Have you tried running it on a device?

• WackyToaster

Works just fine in remote preview on an iphone, but I'm curious to see what will happen when I try to run it through Xcode. I don't have easy access to a Mac computer, so it's making this part a little wacky.

• You absolutely have to test a proper xcode build! In terms of mac I had xcode successfully running in a VM, though Ashley adviced against it since Apple may not exactly like that. If you have an old macbook around, you can use this dosdude1.com/software.html to update it to the newest macos even if it´s not officially supported. Worked like a charm for my 2009 macbook.

• I use macincloud. 1usd per hour.

You have "your own" machine. Works perfectly.

• Can tests be done on physical devices?

• They pretty much have to be done on physical devices. The iOS emulator is bugged and can´t be used for testing and for the Android one, I never got that to run either.

• Can tests be done on physical devices?

If you ask me, then yes. You use your normal -physical- Ipad and/or iphone to test with.

Just the computer is remote. (It is an apple computer with latest OS and latest Xcode etc. You have your own private login and desktop. Machines with 2.5GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB memory.

You just log on remotely from your own machine. Just like logging on to your companys machines.)

• WackyToaster

You absolutely have to test a proper xcode build! In terms of mac I had xcode successfully running in a VM, though Ashley adviced against it since Apple may not exactly like that. If you have an old macbook around, you can use this dosdude1.com/software.html to update it to the newest macos even if it´s not officially supported. Worked like a charm for my 2009 macbook.

Thanks for this tip! After much fiddling I got it up and running on a VM. I was even able to get the emulator working on a simple minification export. I can see 39 ominous yellow warning symbols though.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)