Are there money prizes for game jams?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • Was just curious about these game jams events and competitions and what not and was wondering has construct ever held one where the user that entered win like actual money? If so, how often do these events happen involving money as prizes? I know majority of these are created for fun and for indie game developers to connect and be involve with the community, but was curious if sometimes these events do give out money prizes for the winner(s) of these events to reward them with the work they completed within a short time.

• Generally speaking, sometimes you can win prices like consoles and other goods but I think straight up money prices are rare.

construct.net/en/blogs/construct-official-blog-1/construct-game-jam-win-840

itch.io/jams

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • My game won Construct Community Jam last year. There were no money prizes, but I got a free year of C3 license and a great collection of plugins.

• WackyToaster

"Generally speaking, sometimes you can win prices like consoles and other goods but I think straight up money prices are rare."

Thats very cool for the chances to win consoles. Reading the prizes of these links were pretty interesting,the itch.io link do tooo many jams, and it almost get you lost looking at all of them lol. But thats very nice. It's not always about winning money for these jams (winning it would be nice of course lol) but was just curious about jams that has happened where money was the prize.

dop2000

"My game won Construct Community Jam last year. There were no money prizes, but I got a free year of C3 license and a great collection of plugins."

Congratulations! It must of been a surprising moment for you! I think that is a very nice and fitting prize to win. C3 for a full free year is wonderful! Very happy for you. Are you planning on entering the ludum dare jam this year?

• Congratulations! [..] Are you planning on entering the ludum dare jam this year?

Thanks! No, but I am finishing a game for my second jam (organized by a local Construct community). Will post the game on the Arcade after the results are announced.

• Oh okay! Very nice and good luck with your game!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)