Mobile Adverts plugin changes for r254

2 favourites
From the Asset Store
Customize the animation of character when item changed
  • I just updated both plugins to the latest versions.

admob-plus-cordova to version 1.25.0 and cordova-plugin-consent to version 2.2.0.

The change will be available in the next beta release.

I find it impossible to tell if that will help in any way thought.

Thanks! I will try it out next week and let you know. :)

• Hi Diego

Some users (including me) experience one very odd behavior regarding Admob.

In IOS15+ the audio from the C3 app continues to play even when an Interstitial ad is shown, while in IOS14- the game was paused.

Maybe you can quickly verify this behavior and see if you can replicate.

Just create a project with a looping audio (make it loud so you can easily verify), then open an interstitial. The correct behavior is that the game should pause (and be silenced) while the Interstitial is showing, and then continue again when the Interstitial is dismissed.

For me this works fine in IOS14 and below, but not in IOS15.

Is there some change in this functionality, can you verify the behavior?

(I tested yesterday with Latest C3 and latest Admob)

• I would advise to as usual file an issue following all the guidelines, as we generally need all that information to be able to investigate or help.

• Ashley I tried to explain it fully here. There was no problem in previous versions. However, I tried portrait export for the first time for myself. (and I used 3D)

r268

- it didn't turn on on my phone the first time I used it.

- After removing advert and IAP, it opened and I played easily.

I updated to r269.

- It is causing problems even when there is no IAP and advert at the moment. the logo is loaded first and stays on that screen. Black screen when I log out and log back in.

construct.net/en/forum/construct-3/general-discussion-7/mobil-advert-problem-165208

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Quick question

Is there any reason why Admob User Metrics does not work with the new Mobile advert plugin, as it worked in the previous version ?

As it should work with Google Mobile Ads SDK Version 18.1.0 or later.

I don't know whether this is related ? https://developers.google.com/admob/android/eu-consent#delay_app_measurement_optional

• sizcoz

How can you tell the metrics are not working? Is it just by looking at the dashboard in your Admob account? To be honest this is not something that I paid attention when doing the transition to the new SDK, so it is possible it stopped working.

• sizcoz

How can you tell the metrics are not working? Is it just by looking at the dashboard in your Admob account? To be honest this is not something that I paid attention when doing the transition to the new SDK, so it is possible it stopped working.

Thanks for replying.

The previous versions of my apps are still reporting User Metrics in Admob, but the newer versions report nothing.

The older versions were built before the New Admob Mobile Advert Plugin.

The Metrics are shown when you select an App from the Admob dashboard, which loads an App overview, and includes a User Metrics report.

https://support.google.com/admob/answer/9263723?hl=en-GB

• Which metric do not work?

(For me they seem to work fine)

• Which metric do not work?

(For me they seem to work fine)

Sessions / DAU

Avg session duration

Daily Active Users

ARPU

Retention

• Has this been happening for a long time? During development I did notice that sometimes the information in the test account I use would occasionally take a couple of days to update, but I never payed too much attention to it.

Anyway, I will take a look at it more closely.

You could try adding that snippet about delaying app measurement initialization and see if it makes any difference. You would need to make an export for an Android Studio project, edit the manifest file and then make a build from Android Studio.

That is what I will try doing, but you don't need to wait for me, if you have Android Studio you can try it out yourself.

The documentation you linked talks about user consent, so maybe if no consent is given, measurement never starts? I am just guessing, will need to try it out to see for sure.

• DiegoM

This has actually been happening for a while, as far as I can see the last version of one of my apps that worked was released on 7 march 2021, then when I updated it on 7 August 2021, It stopped reporting the user Metrics.

Unfortunately, Android Studio refuses to work with my laptop, so I can't re-export with it.

Just as a side note, the older versions of the App are still reporting the User Metrics data, as some users still have these versions installed on their devices.

Many thanks

• DiegoM

I have managed to install Android studio, and try the Delay sending events, but it makes no difference.

Although I have got it working, but I had to install firebase from android studio, which you shouldn't have to according to the Admob documentation, all you should have to do is install the latest Google Mobile Ads SDK 18.1.0 or later.

So therefore I can only assume it's a problem somewhere in the Cordova Admob plus plugin.

Hopefully a solution can be found as exporting and building with Android Studio is just another series of extra work to do.

Cheers

• sizcoz DiegoM can confirm this is still happening. For my most recent apps none is reporting the User Metrics mentioned above. For apps that i published in 2018 they are working fine. There must be something wrong with the way Mobile Advert plugin is implemented, or maybe the Cordova Exports?

• sizcoz DiegoM can confirm this is still happening. For my most recent apps none is reporting the User Metrics mentioned above. For apps that i published in 2018 they are working fine. There must be something wrong with the way Mobile Advert plugin is implemented, or maybe the Cordova Exports?

Hi, Yes I ended up having to add firebase analytics in Android studio.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)