Mobile Adverts plugin changes for r254

2 favourites
From the Asset Store
Customize the animation of character when item changed
  • Orcavan

The consent dialog will only be shown when it is required, if it is not required it will not show up on startup and you will not be able to trigger it manually.

It is only required in the EEA (European Economic Area) and the United Kingdom, everywhere else in the world it is not required.

On Rewarded ads... I think you got that mixed up. The old Rewarded Video Ads where deprecated in favour of the new Rewarded Ads. You can still make sure your ads are videos, but the way of doing it is by configuring the ad unit accordingly through your Admob account.

Rewarded Ads and Rewarded Interstitial Ads are two different types of ads and you can choose which one you want to use, they are very similar though.

About banner ads overlapping content... I think that is bug, should be easy to fix.

• DiegoM Banner ads overlapped content before as well. Its up to the developer to make sure nothing is placed behind the banner. The way it is now is NOT a bug. I repeat it is not a bug.

• DiegoM Banner ads overlapped content before as well. Its up to the developer to make sure nothing is placed behind the banner. The way it is now is NOT a bug. I repeat it is not a bug.

I was also confused regarding this.

BTW won't would it be great if this happens? Maybe as another feature so that current users implementing banner are not affected. I mean it would be so easy to implement banner ads without caring about anything else (like specially designing games for implementing banner ads). It would significantly increase revenue of existing game developers

• DiegoM

Thanks for fixing more of the bugs. But I was very surprised to see the option when to show the consent screen removed. Any reason for that? Kind of disappointing to limit us like that in my opinion.

Edit: How did you even make it now? It shows for people with status required? Or everyone?

• boulerzzz

I was looking at the project of someone complaining that their ads were not showing and noticed that they had set that option to never show the consent form. I realized that is not an option anymore. If your application wants to show ads and is in the EEA or UK, the consent form has to be shown.

After removing that option, it hit me that the whole property is redundant now, because the User Messaging Platform SDK tells you if you need to show the form or not.

There are two things that are looked at when deciding when to show the form, first the consent status

• If the consent status is REQUIRED, it will be shown
    • If the consent status is NOT_REQUIRED, it won't be shown
    • If the consent status is OBTAINED, it won't be shown on start up but will be shown if explicitly requested using the Show user consent dialog action
    • If the consent status is UNKNOWN, it will be shown

The SDK also tells you if a form is available. Obviously, if a form is not available nothing can be shown. A form will only be available if it was set up properly in the corresponding Admob account.

So if everything is setup correctly, the consent dialog is shown only to the people that need to see it.

If the form is not shown to users in the EEA or UK, the most likely problem is that it hasn't been set up correctly in the Admob account.

• I'm using interstitial ads, but the ads don't respect screen orientation.

Any ideas?

• If your application wants to show ads and is in the EEA or UK, the consent form has to be shown.

I have several apps that show ads in EEA and UK without the consent so IDK about that.

After removing that option, it hit me that the whole property is redundant now, because the User Messaging Platform SDK tells you if you need to show the form or not.

I understand your point. But we now lose the flexibility to decide when to show the window/make a custom solution. :(

I guess it's fine though.

• On iOS the IDFA prompt is shown automatically when the app starts. We can no longer control the timing with the "request IDFA" action!

• the constructor 2 plugin maker download link says 404 error please fix it thanks.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • DiegoM

This is my findings when testing the iOS flow.

1. When opening the app the ATT prompt shows before the Consent/IDFA explainer. This is incorrect behaviour. The Funding choice message should be shown before.

2. The IDFAstatus expression is always returning ”not-determined” regardless of the actual status.

3. The Consent status expression is always ”UNKNOWN” when you open the app, regardless if you have given consent when you opened the app before. (The status though change in the app session when consent is given! But next time you open the app it is still unknown again.

4. The consent window is always shown on every app opening (I guess this is related to error no3).

I know there is a bug fix for the consent values, so maybe this is solved if you update to the latest version, but also look into your code and ask Ratson if you need advice, the current state of the plugin is not functional.

( the events of loading and showing ads work fine in iOS)

• fredriksthlm

1. When opening the app the ATT prompt shows before the Consent/IDFA explainer. This is incorrect behaviour. The Funding choice message should be shown before.

I did this like the documentation for Admob Plus said and didn't think twice about it, seems like an ok workflow if you ask me. After looking a little bit closer at the Funding Choices documentation here... it seems like you are correct and the iOS dialog should come afterwards the EU consent form.

As for the other issues, I can't comment on them too much really. When I try it out it remembers the settings. The only thing I can think of right now, is that the Test Mode checkbox might still be on, that would cause the consent dialog to be shown all the time.

• DiegoM why does the ATT prompt show automatically on start? We should be able to control the timing ourselves with the "request IDFA" action.

• Ok I have always used a custom solution for the IDFA explainer message. I guess if we use googles own explainer message and consent window it makes no difference.

• As for the other issues, I can't comment on them too much really. When I try it out it remembers the settings. The only thing I can think of right now, is that the Test Mode checkbox might still be on, that would cause the consent dialog to be shown all the time.

DiegoM

I do not use "Test mode"..

Do you test in xcode simulator or a physic device? So you are saying you get the actual IDFAstatus in the expression in the plugin while running on iphone?

(If a user is not in EU they will not see the EU consent, they will instead get a IDFA explainer message which you create in Funding Choices, so that's why it is really important that the IDFA explainer shows before the ATT prompt!)

• boulerzzz

DiegoM why does the ATT prompt show automatically on start? We should be able to control the timing ourselves with the "request IDFA" action.

In the process of updating the plugin I just took a look at the documentation of Admob Plus, which is the cordova plugin we are using to handle all of this and there I saw the request for tracking authorization made before showing the EU consent form, because so many things were different, I assumed that is how it should work.

The next update will have the RequestIDFA do the same as before, so you can control when the dialog is shown.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)