Some Major issues with Fading / Opacity in r121 C3Rutime

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
  • Hi Ashley Tom or anyone else having these issues

I'm having some major problems with fading / opacity and I have no idea what is causing it.

When I completely strip it down to basics, the fades work, however when I test it inside my game - no matter what I do the fade do not listen - even in an empty scene.

Instead of just doing a fade Out for example (as selected), it also does a fade In.

I do not know how to bug test this as I have no idea what is causing it.

There are no plugins and this happens in an empty scene (inside my game).

Any ideas or help would be awesome, as I have no idea what to do.

PS. This does not happen on Version 69.0.3497.100 (Official Build) (64-bit) - Only on iOS and Mac Safari

Thank you!

• An obvious thing and you may already be doing it. I always set fade in and fade out time in actions before fading in or out.

FadObject set fade in time to 0

FadObject set fade out time to 1

FadObject start fade

Or reverse fade in out times if only fading in

• I found an issue with fades not working in Kiwi Story with the C2 runtime specifically in WebGL 1 (WebGL 2 works). I'm looking in to it and hopefully can have it fixed for the next release. Hopefully it's the same issue as you've encountered, but it's impossible to know for sure unless you can make a minimal project that reproduces the issue and share that.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi Ashley Tom or anyone else having these issues

I'm having some major problems with fading / opacity and I have no idea what is causing it.

When I completely strip it down to basics, the fades work, however when I test it inside my game - no matter what I do the fade do not listen - even in an empty scene.

Instead of just doing a fade Out for example (as selected), it also does a fade In.

I do not know how to bug test this as I have no idea what is causing it.

There are no plugins and this happens in an empty scene (inside my game).

Any ideas or help would be awesome, as I have no idea what to do.

PS. This does not happen on Version 69.0.3497.100 (Official Build) (64-bit) - Only on iOS and Mac Safari

Thank you!

No way you could systematically disable stuff until you find the culprit?

I'm doing exactly that right now because I've encountered something that works while testing normally but doesn't work in debug mode. Took me a lot of hours but at least I'm getting closer to knowing what's going on.

• Hi Ashley birdboy

It took me a VERY long time lol, but I managed to get a scenario where the problem occurs in a minimal setting.

The fading / crazy opacity issues occur, when there is an object with an 'Overlay' effect present (even if it's just in the library).

I'm putting together a minimal bug report, but I'm happy I've managed to get to the point, I know what is causing the issue.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)