Iphone display problems after using input text form in safari browser

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
Total customisation of the input! You can combine inputs from all peripherals. Make your game accessible for everyone!
  • We were testing a game on Iphone X in safari browser. While typing the text in the input text field, the keyboard comes up and after focusing out of the input form, the keyboard comes down, but the display remains up at the top and does not tend to come down (leaving a black space at the bottom).

(The actual position of sprites remains as it should be- touch events are triggered on touching at the actual position, but the display remains at top. We have to tap at the actual position which is little bit lower than the displayed sprite position)

Used Letterbox scale

Did anyone have this problem before?

• Try exporting with the newest beta, should have been solved in r179

github.com/Scirra/Construct-3-bugs/issues/3508

• Try exporting with the newest beta, should have been solved in r179

https://github.com/Scirra/Construct-3-bugs/issues/3508

Hi WackyToaster,

Thank for helping,

We are are using the latest version, and it seems Construct team haven't yet been able to fix the issue.

• Same problem here with the latest version. Team has closed the bug on GitHub. Please can any team member shed some light on this?

Thanks!

• Same problem here with the latest version. Team has closed the bug on GitHub. Please can any team member shed some light on this?

Thanks!

Virtualware That's not good. It's still not fixed yet!

I think to minimize this problem, we placed the actual Input Text field at the top of the layout (at position 0,0). When we placed it at this position the black portion at the bottom didn't appear anymore.

To make the UX comfortable, we kept the input-field Sprites (the two rectangular sprites that are placed behind the name and email input fields) in the same position as they are in the image. And instead of the input field boxes that were placed over these sprites, we put Textboxes.

Then we used the following logic-

• When the user clicks on this sprite, focus on the Input field at the top
    • Every tick set text of the TextBox as the text that is being inputed on in the Input Field
  • Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'm still having this issue. Has anyone found a fix?

• I think last time the issue got closed.

We didn't have time to wait for the issue to get solved. So our workaround that time was this:

To minimize this problem, we placed the actual Input Text field at the top of the layout (at position 0,0). When we placed it at this position the black portion at the bottom didn't appear anymore.

To make the UX comfortable, we kept the input-field Sprites (the two rectangular sprites that are placed behind the name and email input fields) in the same position as they are in the image. And instead of the input field boxes that were placed over these sprites, we put Textboxes.

Then we used the following logic-

• Every tick set text of the TextBox as the text that is being inputed on in the Input Field

And as this issue is happening again you can report a new issue.

• I think last time the issue got closed.

We didn't have time to wait for the issue to get solved. So our workaround that time was this:

> To minimize this problem, we placed the actual Input Text field at the top of the layout (at position 0,0). When we placed it at this position the black portion at the bottom didn't appear anymore.

>

> To make the UX comfortable, we kept the input-field Sprites (the two rectangular sprites that are placed behind the name and email input fields) in the same position as they are in the image. And instead of the input field boxes that were placed over these sprites, we put Textboxes.

>

> Then we used the following logic-

>

>
    • >
    • >

And as this issue is happening again you can report a new issue.

Hi Sparsha! Thanks for the quick response.

I did see your fix and tested it in my game. It sort of works to fix the iOS issue, but then I run into far larger issues like when the player needs to highlight portions of the text or choose a specific part of the text that they want to edit.

• Yeah.. there are limitations and it was a quick fix that was ok for us. We did not have time.

You should file an issue in c3's github repo

• I ran into this a couple of years ago. I decided to just create my own keyboard in construct and use that instead of relying on iPhone's keyboard. Apple doesn't care how well anything works if it's not their own app, they constantly break things with updates. like they have chimps testing these things.

So whenever possible do everything yourself. It is not that hard to design your own keyboard and once you do you can use it in every game. Less that 2 hours of work for everything, including graphics.

You may find a solution for it today, but pretty guaranteed that they will break it tomorrow

• I ran into this a couple of years ago. I decided to just create my own keyboard in construct and use that instead of relying on iPhone's keyboard. Apple doesn't care how well anything works if it's not their own app, they constantly break things with updates. like they have chimps testing these things.

So whenever possible do everything yourself. It is not that hard to design your own keyboard and once you do you can use it in every game. Less that 2 hours of work for everything, including graphics.

You may find a solution for it today, but pretty guaranteed that they will break it tomorrow

Does your custom keyboard have cut/copy/paste, cursor navigation, and/or text highlighting capabilities?

Edit: It would be super cool if the Scirra team added a 'virtual keyboard' object! Hint hint nudge nudge winkey winkey

(or fixed this iOS issue)

• No, it is a basic type text/numbers and erase/backspace because it did not need anything else.

But if you want to spend more than 2 hours on it there probably is a way to do all the other stuff

The problem with Scirra "fixing" this issue is that Apple will unfix it as soon as they get a chance. That is why having a custom keyboard in the actual game is by far the best solution. If you really need copy/past and all that I'm sure it can be done

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)