General enquiry regarding games on play store

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Enlist the menacing fleet commander of the galactic star force in your next game audio production.
  • Hi everyone

I have a friend of mine who uses buildbox for his games. Few months back he discovered that his game was stolen from the play store. The scammer edited the sprites,changed the owner name and obviously Google admob details so that he could earn money and then uploaded to the play store with a different name. My friend appealed and in 2 days that game was removed from the store.

So basically I want to ask whether can this happen with construct 3 made android games? (I am not talking about security of assets,even unity made games assets can easily be stolen from RAM but I am talking about the whole game itself(like someone literally changed the admob details and launched it with his identity. This is literally insane)

Ashley please help me on this issue. I just don't want this to happen with me. (Google is quick enough to work on such complaints but still .....)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It can happen to pretty much any kind of software. People have done this with the Construct 3 editor itself. Takedown requests, and copyright law, are your best defences - technical barriers will make it harder, but never make it impossible.

• It can happen to pretty much any kind of software. People have done this with the Construct 3 editor itself. Takedown requests, and copyright law, are your best defences - technical barriers will make it harder, but never make it impossible.

I can understand that but internally construct 3 can encode the admob details so that even if someone edits the game assets then still he can't release the game

Or in short,I want to avoid scripties from doing that. If a good level hacker is hacking my game then I would assume that my game was popular enough to get hacked

• As I said, such technical barriers will make it harder, but not impossible. If the app can decode the details, then they can still be stolen. The app has to decode the details to be able to use them correctly. So they can be stolen.

• As I said, such technical barriers will make it harder, but not impossible. If the app can decode the details, then they can still be stolen. The app has to decode the details to be able to use them correctly. So they can be stolen.

I think that you missed my second message. I just want to avoid those who search "how to hack NASA" on google

• Enable advanced minification on export, and it'll be tough to make sense of any of the code.

• Thanks a lot for the help.

• It can happen to pretty much any kind of software. People have done this with the Construct 3 editor itself.

Now I'm really curious to see the copycat C3. How did it look like?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)