More Exporting Options

1 favourites
  • Can you add a way to export to ps4 or nintendo switch?

Tagged:

• Good luck

• Here we go again

• Switch support was discussed recently here.

PS4 is pretty much in the same situation.

tl;dr: ask Sony and Nintendo for this.

Note Xbox One is supported.

• Switch support was discussed recently here.

PS4 is pretty much in the same situation.

tl;dr: ask Sony and Nintendo for this.

Note Xbox One is supported.

Don't really want to zombify this, and i am truly sorry for actually doing it, while it makes sense what you said Mr. Ashley , wouldn't a pitch from Scirra to Sony be more helpful then each individual person going to them? and most of us don't have no clue where to contact them, and mostly sure they will ignore us, as would be like random people chattering about Construct in their forum.. or their support contact channels, and they will just eventually block everyone mentioning it?

As of now, there is 1 way i know about how to port Construct games to PS4 or Switch and other platforms from Sony, and that is using a 3rd party company like Chowdren (which never reply to emails, even tho that is their only way of communication... strange.), that manually rebuilds your game in C# ... and those fees (which are not cheap, especially if you are a startup company that also needs a publish which takes fees) make literally no sense, when every other game engine out there... is supporting natively Sony platforms ... i remember C2 had a "on demand" thing ... What happened with it?

Again truly sorry for zombifying it... but could we do a community poll, and have scirra advocate our community request to sony? this way you don't go empty handed... you go with actual tangible requests in your hands and backed up by a N amount of developers that want those features.

• +1 To what GeorgeZaharia said

I think that is the most logical thing to do and the option that has the most higher chance to succeed as it comes from the Owner of the engine by himself so will have more weight on their eyes as it means that you commit to doing anything to support their platforms.

• This is a html5 engine, which thoise consoles do not run. IT is not related to Construct.

I know the guys at Ratalaika port C2 and C3 projects (and a lot of other software) into PS4, XBOX, Switch etc. They are working on PS5 as well now.

• This is a html5 engine, which thoise consoles do not run. IT is not related to Construct.

I know the guys at Ratalaika port C2 and C3 projects (and a lot of other software) into PS4, XBOX, Switch etc. They are working on PS5 as well now.

Indeed I know

I think the point that GeorgeZaharia was trying to make is that you don't have to rely on anyone if somehow was possible that the consoles add support for Construct.

Xbox had support before so I think could maybe one day possible if you keep trying, who knows, the thing is it doesn't hurt to try and also if he tries and they deny Ashley could have already the probe for any future threads like this as he can show them that he already tried and there is nothing he could do but if they accept everyone wins, its a win-win situation.

The point i was trying to make is based on what Ashley said, which is "contact sony" so they will develop the exporter for Construct or support html5 in their platforms. and if you read the entire post i made, you would see i mentioned a community poll that would take votes/requests in consideration and Scirra could help advocate/pitch our request to sony, this way is more official, coming from a company to another company, than each individual flooding sony channels which eventually will block everyone, they are already a bit iffish when coming to "pitching ideas" from individuals that are outside a company. so our requests to support html5 as individuals and not backed by a well known product developer as Scirra will instantly be ignored or trashed.

And the point above was to avoid, having to pay 30% of your app sales to Chowdren, or 10,000$ for something that every other game engine, supports it natively. i know those engines are in C# or C++ but .. we could atleast try? cause having a native exported interpreter in Construct implies workload that Scirra doesn't have at the moment need for. and i get it. but outside the fact that are N platforms outthere and only 2 methods to actually publish.. steam/desktop xbox which is another way of saying desktop... and html5 websites which most of them can't be monetized... cause the plugins for them are not fully implemented they are like bare minimum, and i know there would be a reason saying, now with JS support everyone can implement the API they want... but for non-tech people, and as for what Construct originally stands for ("no knowledge of coding publish everywhere" if i remember correctly.)... that is not an excuse.

Edited: again sorry for bringing this up again, was just few ideas... which i think every developer in here that want to make money with their games, and actually focus on what matters "quality and developing" and not contracts with 3rd parties and publishers.

Edited2: to the op i quoted ... can you ask Ratalaika to check their emails? i sent a couple of them over a period of 1 year no reply... so ... not sure how their business works... but not responding to emails would be counter-productive, and not really an option as you said, since they don't reply to everyone that means they don't port games for people that they don't know, they should take their service down, or make it private not public. the only option i have now, is to learn C++ or C# and do the game from scratch... which all the work i done in Construct would be pointless since the code is entirely different, and can't reuse it. plus i already knew html5 is not supported on ps4, but as i mentioned in C2 html5 engine.. was a way to make it for sony consoles by "demand" plugin exporter. i just dont want to mention it cause is probably obsolete, and it seems the channels for that "demand" has closed on sony platforms. probably not enough interest, but if you watch closely, more and more developers are coming here, with quality games, and after 4-5 years of developing a game, no real way of releasing on sony platforms or consoles in general, for real now, who cares about xbox since they support steam? i mean... is redundant.

Edit3: at scirra .. here is a reason i don't want to use a 4th party, is not the % or the amount they want to convert the game, is the fact that i depend on a 4th party that i don't need to .. a word from a wise man forgot who said it or how he said it in original form but was something along this line "why involve someone in something that has potential to go big and successful, when you are responsible of it if something goes bad?"... from my point of view, having a 4th party to a 3rd party is ridiculous dangerous. (the 3rd party here being scirra with the construct engine).

Edit4: at scirra .. Again sorry for zombifying this, and probably is a exhausted subject by now, and you are tired to talk on this subject... but food for thought (not to mention the benefits of scirra as a business if this gets approached good, cause they are obvious).

• We've already contacted Sony and Nintendo, more than once, to no avail.

That's why I say it's probably more likely they will act on it if they see there are lots of potential developers who are asking for it.

• The most feasible way I could see this moving forward would be for Scirra to either buy, or form a partnership with, Chowdren, who already port C3 games to Switch/PS4/PS5

As it stands, this process seems to be very bespoke to the games themselves, and the overwhelming majority of games made in C3 are not console ready

I don't think this should be a priority - developers wanting to port their games to console have options available to them, I would rather Scirra focus on improving integrations to exports they have solid inlays for, like DOM manipulation for HTML5 or sub-layouts for mobile dev

• Ratalaika Games CEO here!

We've been in talks with consoles about licensing our tools for porting C2/C3 and a few other engines (RPG Maker, Haxe, RenPy....) to third-party developers if they want to self-release or work with other publishers.

We're already testing this solution to some extent with some trusted partner companies.

So far our technology supports PS4/PS5, XboxOne/SeriesX, and Nintendo Switch with minimal low-level knowledge as it's very oriented to people who don't really know much about C++ or low-level coding.

This is one of our first Construct 3 PS5/SeriesX titles been released soon -> microsoft.com/store/productid/9nvj961mnjwk

We're also offering porting-only services for other publishers or developers, for example, we ported this a few months ago -> nintendo.com/games/detail/hypnospace-outlaw-switch

We also work with smaller titles too like -> nintendo.com/games/detail/skatemasta-tcheco-switch

We're always open to pitches and porting requests if anyone is interested! We work on both paid and % gigs depending on the requests :).

But as Scirra people said, consoles do not intend to support HTML5 as far as we know =/.

• Ratalaika Games CEO here!

We've been in talks with consoles about licensing our tools for porting C2/C3 and a few other engines (RPG Maker, Haxe, RenPy....) to third-party developers if they want to self-release or work with other publishers.

We're already testing this solution to some extent with some trusted partner companies.

So far our technology supports PS4/PS5, XboxOne/SeriesX, and Nintendo Switch with minimal low-level knowledge as it's very oriented to people who don't really know much about C++ or low-level coding.

This is one of our first Construct 3 PS5/SeriesX titles been released soon -> microsoft.com/store/productid/9nvj961mnjwk

We're also offering porting-only services for other publishers or developers, for example, we ported this a few months ago -> nintendo.com/games/detail/hypnospace-outlaw-switch

We also work with smaller titles too like -> nintendo.com/games/detail/skatemasta-tcheco-switch

We're always open to pitches and porting requests if anyone is interested! We work on both paid and % gigs depending on the requests :).

But as Scirra people said, consoles do not intend to support HTML5 as far as we know =/.

Hey, everyone! I'm a programmer at Viridino Studios and I just wanted to step on this thread to give you all our testimony. We've been working with the amazing people at Ratalaika Games for about a year and a half now, and so far it has been great! They ported and released one of our titles on all consoles, and are now working on two more games that should come out in a few months. Ratalaika Games have the best tech to quickly port games to run on all platforms while also having fantastic performance, thanks to the underlying C++ engine. I think it’s also important to say that I’m not being paid to say any of this, I’m just a very very satisfied developer.

• 🤩 Ratalaika 🥳

Would be cool, to follow some "what's in process" or the latest progress in some (maybe unofficial) blog or forum thread or similar.

Also to know a bit of the requirements to fulfil a good port. (regarding shaders, plugins, resolutions, ratios, connectivities etc :) )

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • 🤩 Ratalaika 🥳

Would be cool, to follow some "what's in process" or the latest progress in some (maybe unofficial) blog or forum thread or similar.

Also to know a bit of the requirements to fulfil a good port. (regarding shaders, plugins, resolutions, ratios, connectivities etc :) )

Well, a "what's in process" heavily depends on if going with #1 port + publishing or #2 just porting.

When doing #1 we also add extra languages to the game and do QA to see if there is stuff to polish or improve to the target audience, for #2 we do a 1:1 port of the game to the target consoles.

Regarding shaders, plugins, ratios... So far we support all plugins and shaders, and when we've some we didn't port before we work and produce the best solution for the port. We have A LOT of shaders ported & optimized already for Switch, PS4/PS5, and Xbox One/Series X hehe.

About resolutions, the best is 16:9 as all consoles work on this aspect ratio, for Switch we use 1280x720, 1920x1080 for PS4/XboxOne, and 4K for PS5/SeriesX.

Finally, we also have a plugin to support most of the needed stuff, such as check what console is the game running on, special XBOX features, special PS5 features, and so on. (Sample ->

).

We're quite a good number of people here as we're not a 1-man company or anything hehe so we can address a good number of ports at the same time, I think we're close to finishing 4/5 Construct ports this month once the PS5 stuff is set up by their respective publishers haha.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)