More Exporting Options

1 favourites
  • > 🤩 Ratalaika 🥳

>

>

> Would be cool, to follow some "what's in process" or the latest progress in some (maybe unofficial) blog or forum thread or similar.

> Also to know a bit of the requirements to fulfil a good port. (regarding shaders, plugins, resolutions, ratios, connectivities etc :) )

Well, a "what's in process" heavily depends on if going with #1 port + publishing or #2 just porting.

When doing #1 we also add extra languages to the game and do QA to see if there is stuff to polish or improve to the target audience, for #2 we do a 1:1 port of the game to the target consoles.

Regarding shaders, plugins, ratios... So far we support all plugins and shaders, and when we've some we didn't port before we work and produce the best solution for the port. We have A LOT of shaders ported & optimized already for Switch, PS4/PS5, and Xbox One/Series X hehe.

About resolutions, the best is 16:9 as all consoles work on this aspect ratio, for Switch we use 1280x720, 1920x1080 for PS4/XboxOne, and 4K for PS5/SeriesX.

Finally, we also have a plugin to support most of the needed stuff, such as check what console is the game running on, special XBOX features, special PS5 features, and so on. (Sample ->

).

We're quite a good number of people here as we're not a 1-man company or anything hehe so we can address a good number of ports at the same time, I think we're close to finishing 4/5 Construct ports this month once the PS5 stuff is set up by their respective publishers haha.

Hello ratalaika, how to calc the costs of the process?

Is it expensive? Is it affordable for small indie devs?

TIA

• > > 🤩 Ratalaika 🥳

> >

> >

> > Would be cool, to follow some "what's in process" or the latest progress in some (maybe unofficial) blog or forum thread or similar.

> > Also to know a bit of the requirements to fulfil a good port. (regarding shaders, plugins, resolutions, ratios, connectivities etc :) )

>

> Well, a "what's in process" heavily depends on if going with #1 port + publishing or #2 just porting.

>

> When doing #1 we also add extra languages to the game and do QA to see if there is stuff to polish or improve to the target audience, for #2 we do a 1:1 port of the game to the target consoles.

>

> Regarding shaders, plugins, ratios... So far we support all plugins and shaders, and when we've some we didn't port before we work and produce the best solution for the port. We have A LOT of shaders ported & optimized already for Switch, PS4/PS5, and Xbox One/Series X hehe.

>

> About resolutions, the best is 16:9 as all consoles work on this aspect ratio, for Switch we use 1280x720, 1920x1080 for PS4/XboxOne, and 4K for PS5/SeriesX.

>

> Finally, we also have a plugin to support most of the needed stuff, such as check what console is the game running on, special XBOX features, special PS5 features, and so on. (Sample ->

).

>

> We're quite a good number of people here as we're not a 1-man company or anything hehe so we can address a good number of ports at the same time, I think we're close to finishing 4/5 Construct ports this month once the PS5 stuff is set up by their respective publishers haha.

Hello ratalaika, how to calc the costs of the process?

Is it expensive? Is it affordable for small indie devs?

TIA

Depends on the game itself, but it's affordable for both small & big companies :).

We've some rev-share options also for very small companies!

So it is possible to get the game ported for % of sales.

Edit: I also read before about someone mentioning we dont reply emails, we get A TON of emails and some most probably end up in spam if they arrive without proper Subject or with exe attachments and so on. If we dont reply in 1/2weeks best is to send us a Twitter DM to check!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I've been working with Ratalaika for these past few months and it has been amazing, they're the first publisher I work with who takes my work seriously. The porting is incredible, to see my older C2 games running perfectly on the newest consoles was absolutely amazing!

I'm extremely glad we have a way to get C2/C3 games onto consoles with them.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)