Dynamically Importing Sprites from URLs with Changing Parameters

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Simplistic hyper-casual game with nature elements. Tap to switch between the 4 elements and reach a better score.
  • Hello Construct 3 Community,

I hope this post finds you all well and engaged in your creative endeavors. I'm here as a newcomer to the Construct 3 platform, excited about its potential for game development and interactive projects. As I embark on my own project, I've encountered a unique challenge that I believe many of you experienced creators could assist me with.

In my current project, I'm facing the task of dynamically importing sprites from URLs where parameters change in real-time. While I possess a foundational understanding of how sprites operate in Construct 3, the dynamic nature of the URLs adds complexity that I'm unsure about handling.

Whether you've tackled similar scenarios or hold an intricate grasp of Construct 3's workings, I would greatly appreciate any insights you're willing to share.

• Have you encountered a comparable situation involving dynamically importing sprites with changing URL parameters?
    • How can I ensure that the sprites I import remain synchronized with the evolving URLs, which are determined by dynamic parameters (e.g., "https://mysite.com/game/{GameID}")?
    • Are there specific features, actions, events, or plugins within Construct 3 that can be particularly beneficial for handling this dynamic import process?
  • Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The easiest way is to send a "Pos" request to your server and send a new sprite address in response. Then knowing the new address to load the sprite.

But it's all not comfortable and if such sprites 1 or 2, such as an advertising banner for their games within their game is not a problem.

But to load sprites for a whole level or a new opponent will be very uncomfortable.

• The easiest way is to send a "Pos" request to your server and send a new sprite address in response. Then knowing the new address to load the sprite.

But it's all not comfortable and if such sprites 1 or 2, such as an advertising banner for their games within their game is not a problem.

But to load sprites for a whole level or a new opponent will be very uncomfortable.

Thanks a bunch for your insights – they're a huge help!

Now, I'm wondering, when the response comes back with a bunch of image URLs in a JSON format, how can I smoothly pass these URLs to my sprites? Could you give me a nudge in the right direction?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)