No Direct Mirroring of SVGs ?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
  • Hi all,

Anyone know if there's a reason there's no Set Mirrored option in the Appearance section of the actions for svg images.

I can mirror the SVGs by adding them to a sprite's hierarchy as a child, then mirroring the sprite but seems unusual to me I can't do it directly.

Is it just an oversight or can someone let me know a reason why. thanks :)

Tagged:

• That's probably because svg has to be rasterized in order to change it.

You can change its width to a negative value, but constant changes like that should be discouraged due to the extra processing needed.

Use a Sprite, in the end its all raster anyways.

• Hey thanks newt,

not sure I follow though, If I resize my window the SVG object doesn't blur like a sprite would making me think it's better for different screen sizes / full screen.

Also in testing the est CPU / GPU doesn't change much if at all when loading or flipping over nad over the SVGs when part of the family

• Svg scales infinitely so its great for logos banners T-shirts and billboards.

Sprite doesn't upscale well, but it downscales fine.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • "Mirror" just means negative width, and "Flip" just means negative height. So mirroring is just setting the width to -width. I think we added mirror/flip to Sprite as convenience actions, since it's common to use mirroring for platformers, but you can do it with any resizable object if you just set a negative size.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)