Dark Theme

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
A revolutionary theme studied and built for both professional & beginners
  • How does one create a custom theme in C3?

If you find out, let me know. I can edit the css and have just what I want.

• > Check out mitsuhashish.itch.io/procss

>

> Fixes a lot of the problems with the vanilla UI

That's the theme I use as well — it's got a couple things that are tough to read but overall it's a fantastic dark theme.

way too many colors going on and it is unusable on mobile.

• > How does one create a custom theme in C3?

If you find out, let me know. I can edit the css and have just what I want.

you can make your own theme using addon sdk

construct.net/en/make-games/manuals/addon-sdk/guide/themes

• I am just used to the default theme but cant stand the colors.

I was at same spot long time ago, then i made myself my own version/theme.

It took way to long and way too much time, if i knew default theme has so much missing stuff, problems and cases to support I would never took it on. I bet would had mastered another engine by time it was solid enought for use. It's not publicly available anymore, because I only change it for my own liking and can't stand to look at that CSS anymore.

But I would glady look at what scirra will come up with or someone else. But there are still issues with official dark theme in github issue tracker, after so many years. Cases that would take ~10min to fix. So if they even make new theme, it would take very long time to get solid enough and issue free.

• SnipG what sort of issues does the official dark theme have if they are just css changes?

• But I would glady look at what scirra will come up with or someone else. But there are still issues with official dark theme in github issue tracker, after so many years. Cases that would take ~10min to fix. So if they even make new theme, it would take very long time to get solid enough and issue free.

Hey sorry for bothering you SnipG, I just wonder what kind of issues you ran into? I've downloaded your dark theme-edit because it was the only way I could figure out to get the default dark theme with code ready to be edited. I'm currently editing the theme to go along with the Dracula 2 visual style as I did not like that all grey default look.

• I only changed colors for Official dark theme and did'nt use it for anything else. I think it's still latest version there, but you can get it or change it: F12-> sources -> click on purple file.

I built my own theme on top of default theme. So I don't know which cases might be problematic for Official dark theme. But there are bunch of things in editor which users cannot change and with certain color they might be problem.

• ah thanks so that's how you grab it. Good to know in the future!

• You should'nt rly bother with theme, ofc if you really want to do it.

It will be non-stop time sink, time you could use to develop something in C3, get better at it or get better at something else.

Past simple color change, you would need to:

*Make selection, hover, focus colors, backgrounds and borders. Also selection+focus and selection + hover. Then also consider if something behaind is already selected/hovered/focused and account for that

*Need to change all coding colors in multiple places for all types of files.

*Colors for new mesh, sprite and all other object types. Also when they are selected and modified etc.

*Custom coloring for all the main dialogs and all other small dialogs.

*Everything you do, you also have to make sure they look good, if you make them very big or small.

*And bunch more cases, if you like to change something past color.

You would also have to consider, if something is missing, then you have to get it from Default theme or add it.

My aim was to get better with CSS, while editing something big as C3 editor and change thing to how I like them to be. So I did'nt really care that it was huge time sink.

Anyway, good luck with it.

• It's a huge time sink alright, but I do enjoy it.

• That's the spirit! Keep us posted in your progress so so we can try out your theme.

• I use One Dark Theme by Sparsha. Its really nice- sparsha-dhar.itch.io/one-dark-theme-c3

• whoa, this theme is very inconsistent. the events font is HUGE and the sidebar fonts are small.

I would just love it if Scirra could make the Default theme dark. that's all I want. all these custom themes are janky and poorly designed.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Dunno works good for me

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)