Crazy Pricing Model. C'mon Guys it's 2024 not 2005

1 favourites
From the Asset Store
It's here!
$4.95 USD
Creepy and nasty horror track. It's terrifying from the beginning till the end. Goosebumps guaranteed

In my opinion if there is a need for revenue to have a better service, it makes sense that it is not free, to have more stability etc

But in my opinion we are at the limit of what is acceptable, the first time I paid it was 100 euros a year, then it seems like 110, now it asks me for 120, considering that I have never published half a game and earned a cent, it seems like a bad price trend, if it continues like this it will start to weigh too much.

I don't know how they support Gdevelop, but it really amazed me, you can really do everything, let's say I was tempted to move there so I wouldn't have to pay for the subscription here, but get the same things. I have decided that I will soon renew Construct 3, because I have been using it for years and I like it, I have projects here that I would like to finish here, when I use it I feel more at home, and I don't really want to change, but if the prices continue to rise I think I'll start considering something else

Your original price should be carried over if you renew before your current subscription ends.

I keep an eye on Gdevelop and will re-evaluate it in a years time.

I do think, as you say, there is a limit to what i would pay.

Your original price should be carried over if you renew before your current subscription ends.

That is the case. I still pay the secret cheap price unless I ever cancel my sub which I don't plan to :)

construct.net/en/blogs/construct-official-blog-1/upcoming-price-changes-new-1718

I have the same trouble with bread. When I first started buying bread it was like 49 cents a loaf. I am going to have to rethink this whole sandwich thing.

Because cheese is part of the problem too. I will have to reevaluate bread because it seems to keep rising in price. I don't know if it is the bakers, or transport costs, or just plain greedy bread pan makers.

yours

winkr7

> Your original price should be carried over if you renew before your current subscription ends.

That is the case. I still pay the secret cheap price unless I ever cancel my sub which I don't plan to :)

https://www.construct.net/en/blogs/construct-official-blog-1/upcoming-price-changes-new-1718

Argh! I didn't cancel anything, I just didn't realize my subscription was expiring and I hadn't loaded the card yet -___-'

> I will have to reevaluate bread because it seems to keep rising in price.

Sounds like you kneed more dough to afford the rising costs of bread.

Argh! I didn't cancel anything, I just didn't realize my subscription was expiring and I hadn't loaded the card yet -___-'

That is a massive bummer :(

I've been searching for a game engine that I could get up and running with quickly. I thought I'd found it in Construct 3.

However, the pricing model for this product is asinine.

I've had a number of true hobbies over the years, and C3 development has been BY FAR the cheapest. I use it for several hours per day, so my hourly cost of using it (and really enjoying this hobby) is a handful of pennies per hour. Name one other hobby you can enjoy for pennies per hour! Only reading comes to mind...

If $130/yr USD is too much for you, you're be better off looking elsewhere to save money. You probably pay 2X that for milk.

I would love the cost to frozen or other pricing structures but I see it as an investment in my own personal development. There is a cost on everything, it's about choosing the right thing for your needs. C3 suits my needs and hope to keep using it going forward.

We live in a world where everyone expects something for free, and I will remind people of the phrase "if you're not the customer, you're the product". This extends to dirt-cheap, impossibly cheap, how the hell do they afford this cheap. Software is expensive to develop, in time and money, and someone has to pay that. Investors love to come in and wave big cheques in the air while proclaiming that the software they're investing in is competitively-priced.

Small companies and individuals can release passion projects if they can afford their own time, but money will always come into play. People are obsessed with growth and market share, and as much as I'd love Construct to become the #1 game dev tool, I know that the only way this can happen is if Scirra sold out to investors, scaled up massively, went public, and dumped 20% of their earnings into marketing and PR.

As devs here, we are customers, or potential customers, in a very simple exchange of money for products/services. I like that model, but I'm fortunate enough to be able to afford the cost as I do this for a living, so please understand where I'm coming from.

The day we see Construct billboards the size of apartment blocks plastered all over GDC, is the day we see our money get flushed down the drain.

The day we see Construct billboards the size of apartment blocks plastered all over GDC, is the day we see our money get flushed down the drain.

Very true! I am personally happy with Scirra company politics and development and management style. It is stable and you pay directly to development, to them. It is obvious that such an engine cannot be created for free, or with only one time payment for lifetime license. C3 is not mainstream engine or most popular engine at the world (they are too small for it, thanks god for it :) ) so they would not have a bunch of new and new people buying a one-time license to make it sustainable. It will leads into dead-end sooner or later, so subscription model is therefore inevitable for a good constantly evolving engine. I want that good thing, so I have no problem to pay for it.

to me the issue is more about not even owning the software fully, I'm happy to pay somewhere between 150-200 for a perpetual license and just have updates for the year, then just pay say 60 for another years of updates if I renue if not I can wait a year, that's the bit that winds me up, why should I rent software ? if something happens and I cant work for a while iv burned money, its just a model that needs to change, not owning things is a bad move and service and a insult to your consumers when paying what was ownership prices originally

> > I will have to reevaluate bread because it seems to keep rising in price.

Sounds like you kneed more dough to afford the rising costs of bread.

Someone lock this thread, it has just been won.

meh, could be worse. im alright with it. just keep improving its features while taking into consideration customer/public feedback, and i prob wont be cancelling. thank you for this smooth platform and opportunity! i've been hunting the code-friendly programs and this one takes the prize! *wipes hands* :)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

Yep, he's right in some points.

I don't think inflation is a reason, some feature of GDevelop may fully support you with 2D/3D games - (Kind of totally free, or $10 subscription for month), Construct 3 may need improve more for his subscription fee & feature balance.

Look like we need to look forward for Construct 3 features more than Pricing.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)