how to control sound

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Best soundtracks for any game. High quality and engaging assets.
  • Hello. I wanted to know how to control the sound.

Example: I made several shooting machines. And every shot makes the noise of a shot.

The problem is that since there are so many shots in the game, there will be a loud and annoying noise. How can I control the amount of noise that will be as a result of the amount of shooting.Is there a way to reduce the noise of the shots without reducing the amount of shots?

tanks

Tagged:

• Although this won't reduce the noise you can add several different sounds that play to add more variety to the audio and make it less annoying. If you want to limit the amount of times the sound is playing at the same time you can use a variable that increases by one whenever the sound is played and decreases by one after the amount of time it takes for the sound to play. If the variable is greater than for example five, the sound does not play. You can also play the sound using a signal to prevent it from delaying any other actions in the event.

Variable = 0

On signal "Shoot" + Variable < 6 -> Signal "Sound"

On signal "Sound" -> Play "ShotAudio"&choose(1,2,3) -> Add to Variable 1 -> Wait (amount of time sound takes to play) -> Subtract from Variable 1

The choose(1,2,3) will only work if you have three audio files, one named ShotAudio1, another named ShotAudio2, and another named ShotAudio3.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • ty very much

• You can check before you turn on the sound.

• One thing I found to work really well depending on the case is to simply stop and restart the sound.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)