hi everyone I've been trying to make a template for a tactics game. as of now I got the path is displaying but my goals are:
1. project x tiles along the path, limit possible number of moves for each individual unit.
2. on click, travel along the path but only up to the maximum range (furthest tile)
first image shows where I'm at now, second image is what I want to do
a solution I thought of is:
- The sprite with pathfinding only serves that purpose and will be used for all units. it's not the character unit itself.
- on start of 'turn' the pathfinding sprite will go to imagepoint of whichever unit who currently has the turn.
- each unit instead has either 8 direction (with diagonals disabled) or tile movement function. on click, unit will travel along the waypoints of pathfinding sprite until it reaches the furthest tile it can travel
I'm attempting to project my tile sprites using the locations of visible path lines which themselves lie along the waypoints but as of right now I can't get my loops right.