C3 + Instant Games SDK = Much Profit

1 favourites
From the Asset Store
Jump on the mole rats and see how far you can go!
  • It's just a start, as a mvp version it has a very good feature set already.

• Ashley / Tom

Thank you again for this awesome plugin!

I know you guys said you are looking to expand the plugin 'down the line', but I do agree that the monetization features are crucial for something like this.

It would be awesome if you guys could let us know 'roughly' when we might expect to be able to show rewarded ads etc.

Thanks again

• I haven't checked it out yet, but are you saying that monetization part is not included ( again )

If so, just another pointless, waste of time plug in. I have been waiting for a reason to move on to version 3, but I guess, still no reason to do so.

• It's better to get this early without monetization than to wait with nothing to work with until the monetization is also complete.

This way you can have your game ready when that feature is complete.

• It's better to get this early without monetization than to wait with nothing to work with until the monetization is also complete.

This way you can have your game ready when that feature is complete.

My game is ready waiting for monetization

• - Completely agree with you! Would be nice to know whether the ads are coming soon tho

• An experienced javascripter can finish and test monetization plugins like this in 2 days, so there is no excuse for not having this or after all this time having admob, but not having native HTML 5 ads like adsense or adsense for games. It's absurd.

• An experienced javascripter can finish and test monetization plugins like this in 2 days, so there is no excuse for not having this or after all this time having admob, but not having native HTML 5 ads like adsense or adsense for games. It's absurd.

You can't put Adsence in games as it goes against their placement policy.

HTML5 AdSense for games is still in beta, and AdSense for games requires a million impressions a month before you apply.

• Yeah, I thought it might be something like that, and I got a confirmation by Toby ( maker of Ultimate ads plugin ), but go to any gaming portal and you will see them using adsense/adsense for games. 1,000,000 impressions is probably not a number they enforce strictly, and anyway, I used to get up to 10,000,000 ad impressions per month with CPM Star back in flash days, and I was far from some big shot.

CPM Star ads which worked with flash games, but they do have other ads designed to go, like adsense, on pages with games. They don't have these restrictions, so I may end up using those in my own setup without a plugin.

• Technically you can use plain Adsense as long as its far enough away from the canvas to meet their requirements.

You don't need a plug for that though.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Sure, but if people play games full screen then it can't be done, and these days most portals have that option and I want to give it to my players too.

CPMStar / Flash combo was perfect. After the preloader ad, you could use same ads reloaded and repositioned after each level or end game, move them to the side or under the menu. That way player would see the ad, but did not need to wait for it to finish playing ( unless you specifically enabled full coverage video ads ) . Play again / Continue menu was always there next to ads. Best of both worlds.

• So at this time is there any way to monetise C3 games on Facebook Instant Games?

From this thread it sounds like Scirra havent included any monetization options in the official plugin? Are there other ways to monetise?

• Artpunk

As per section 4 of Facebook's platform policy you are not allowed to charge for anything in-game (IAP), games must be free, and the ads you implement must come via Facebooks own ad system through the instant games API.

Quote:

[quote:2rx4jl74]

Instant Games:

a. Don't charge for any items within your game. Games must be free to play.

b. If you want to include ads within your game, only use the Games Ads API. Don’t use a third party ad provider or include any other links to content off your game.

So without access to the APIs monetization functions you can only do games without any revenue now. (That's what led to my earlier, slightly angry sounding post. This is just a personal opinion, but I believe a change of priorities would help).

• Artpunk

As per section 4 of Facebook's platform policy you are not allowed to charge for anything in-game (IAP), games must be free, and the ads you implement must come via Facebooks own ad system through the instant games API.

Quote:

[quote:16lircvw]

Instant Games:

a. Don't charge for any items within your game. Games must be free to play.

b. If you want to include ads within your game, only use the Games Ads API. Don’t use a third party ad provider or include any other links to content off your game.

So without access to the APIs monetization functions you can only do games without any revenue now. (That's what led to my earlier, slightly angry sounding post. This is just a personal opinion, but I believe a change of priorities would help).

Hi Eisenhans thanks for getting me up to speed. I read your previous post and I agree with you. It's always been baffling that Scirra didnt prioritize their iAP and Admob plugins for mobile devs. Basically TobyR has developed the iAP and AdMob plugins that Construct 2 should have shipped with all along.

I hope Facebook Instant Games isnt going to be a similar scenario. I wonder if Scirra feels like they dont want to be responsible for the monetization features of the facebook plugin for similar reasons to what they cited re the original C2 Admob plugin? ie they think that keeping it maintained will require too much work to keep up with whatever frequent changes facebook makes? If that's the case we will probably face a similar situation and it will be left to third party devs to pick up the slack?

Or I could be completely wrong. Hopefully Scirra are planning to release monetization fetaures for Instant Games in a future update? Id probably sign up to C3 to get access to that if it were the case?

• [quote:3s7vknsn] I wonder if Scirra feels like they dont want to be responsible for the monetization features of the facebook plugin for similar reasons to what they cited re the original C2 Admob plugin? ie they think that keeping it maintained will require too much work to keep up with whatever frequent changes facebook makes?

Well, that is as much a part of any game development platform as physics or behaviors.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)